Full-time 9mobile Nigeria: Public Relations Lead Recruitment
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
The Job : Public Relations Lead
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Implement external communication policies and procedures in alignment with EMTS’s overall corporate policies.
- Coordinate initiatives and events that provide an avenue for communicating and projecting EMTS’s corporate image and brand values to the public
- Keeping abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the activities of the public relations unit.
- Assist in continuously reviewing the unit’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team
- Assist in identifying required resources, personnel and funding to achieve the unit’s strategy
- Develop positive relationships with both local and international media organisations, public relations agencies and other key external stakeholders
- Review EMTS’s public relations plan for completeness and compliance to agreed standards.
- Ensure the timely implementation of approved media plans and programmes.
- Manage all aspects of EMTS’s nationwide public relations activities including media publications, interviews, queries, press conferences and corporate responsibility programs.
- Ensure that speaking engagements and invitations to major events that would project the EMTS brand are sought and obtained for the CEO and other executive management personnel.
- Ensure adequate media coverage for EMTS’s corporate events and sponsorship’s activities in liaison with the Events and Sponsorship function.
- Prepare draft articles, conference papers, speeches for publications, press briefings and other related external communications.
- Oversee processes involved in the production of educative and enlightening company publications and ensure compliance to the organisation’s corporate values.
- Assist in development of effective media/public relations and crisis management policies and procedures and proffer suggestions to the Head, Corporate Communication.
- Manage and project corporate image and identity of EMTS.
- Participate in the selection of public relations agencies
- Oversees the selection of the extent of public understanding and acceptance of EMTS’s services and suggest innovative awareness initiatives.
- Perform cost-benefit analysis of all public relations events/campaigns.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and record of all external communications
- Monitor competitive activity in relations to media/public relations.
- Implement the unit’s work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the unit to optimize performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions and the public relations team.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Monitor and control budgetary needs of the unit.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention for the attention of the Head, Corporate Communications.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Corporate Communications.
- First degree or its equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Postgraduate/professional qualification in a related field is an added advantage.
Experience,Skills & Competencies:
- Five (5) to nine (9) years of work experience, with at least three (3) years in supervisory role
Application Closing Date
How To Apply