Contract Abt Associates: Administration Manager / Finance and Administration Director – SHOPS Plus Recruitment
Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
The Job : Administration Manager / Finance and Administration Director – SHOPS Plus
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Req Id: 58542
- Abt Associates seeks a Finance and Administration (F&A) Director to support the SHOPS Plus project’s head office in Nigeria. SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health.
- The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in TB, family capacitate public and private providers to scale up family planning, especially Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas. In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus will capacitate private providers to scale up tuberculosis case finding, diagnosis, treatment and reporting in Lagos and Kano States and capacitate public and private providers to scale up family planning, especially Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs) in FCT and Plateau states.
- Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the F&A Director establishes, manages and maintains the project’s computer network at all operational locations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, management, and direct supervision for the project’s finance and operations staff
- Oversee the development of administrative and operations management systems and processes required to support project implementation, ensuring compliance with USAID and Abt Associates policies and regulations, and terms of the project contract/agreement
- Develop, manage, and monitor project budgets, accurate financial reports, and projection of funding needs, in close coordination with senior project staff
- Support the startup, general operations, and closedown of the project
- Manage the financial operations and financial reporting of the project, providing guidance and technical assistance to financial management personnel
- Create and maintain financial reporting and tracking systems that provide basic data measurements on financial performance of project activities
- Provide ongoing financial administration to the project, including the processing of approvals for procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices
- Manage the timely submission of the monthly field expenses (ROVs) to the headquarters office
- Oversee the development, execution, and management of subcontractor and consultant agreements
- Develop and implement accounting and reporting systems for project expenditures, and provide guidance and training to project staff and partners on financial procedures
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) Master’s Degree (desirable) in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Management, or other relevant field
- At least 10 years of professional experience managing financial and contractual aspects of large international development projects, preferably USAID-finded projects
- Significant experience managing and supervising financial, administrative and procurement personnel
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets, contracting, procurement, and inventory management
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and ability to work well on teams
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases
- Familiarity with US Government Cost Accounting Standards, including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs) and USAID Acquisition Regulations (AIDARs)
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with an emphasis on budget and financial analysis
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- (8+) years of experience and a Bachelor’s degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply