Full-time Abt Associates: Finance Assistant 8 / Accountant – SHOPS Plus Vacancy
Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
The Job : Finance Assistant 8 / Accountant – SHOPS Plus
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Req Id: 54024
Abt Associates seeks an accountant to support a family planning project under SHOPS Plus. SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health. The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in TB, family planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas. In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus will capacitate public and private providers to scale up family planning, especially Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs) in FCT and Plateau states.
Under the supervision of the Country Finance & Administration Manager, the Accountant records project financial transactions, posts to appropriate projects and tasks, prepares periodic financial statements and reports, and keeps the records of the accounts books up to date.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Records expenditures, income, and any other related transactions, in the books of accounts.
- Prepares payment vouchers and correspoonding checks.
- Prepares payroll and other regular payments with due consideration to deductions (for advances, loans, taxes, etc).
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
- Checks petty cash payments and periodically reconciles petty cash balances.
- Keeps a register of fixed assets and maintains an easy cross reference system of all government property.
- Ensures that the books of accounts are up to date at all times, orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required.
- Prepares the monthly ROV in accordance with Abt Associates procedures and policies.
- Prepares monthly cash requests, and promptly advises action required to cover estimated costs.
- Ensures that government taxes are paid on time.
- Ensures that periodic inventory of the fixed assets (property) of the company is conducted.
- Assists the Finance & Administration Manager in the implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures manual of the company.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelors Degree (desirable) in Accounting, Finance, Management, Business, or other relevant field.
- At least three (3) years of professional experience in Accounting and Program Financial Management.
- Experience working at international development programs, with experience at USAID-funded programs highly desirable.
- Experience in payroll management, petty cash management, financial reporting, and budget tracking.
- Experience in inventory management is desirable.
- A self-starter that is able to perform under pressure is preferred.
- A strong command of financial and other computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Quicken, Access, etc.
- Strong English language capability.
- (2+) years of experience and bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
How To Apply