Full-time Accion Microfinance Bank Limited: Manager, Financial and Regulatory Reporting Vacancy
Accion Microfinance Bank Limited – Established in 2006, Accion Microfinance Bank Limited began operations in May 2007 on license from the Central Bank of Nigeria. Our management team comprises seasoned and distinguished professionals from diverse backgrounds complemented by the expertise of our technical partners, ACCION International. At Accion Microfinance Bank our core values, business philosophy and methodology distinguish us as one of the leading microfinance banks in Nigeria.
The Job :Manager, Financial and Regulatory Reporting
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
- The ideal candidate will coordinate all activities relating to accurate and timely reporting of historical financial performance and communicating same to stakeholders in the relevant accounting standards and formats.
- Candidate will also have responsibility for coordinating regulatory reporting and compliance with zero infraction tolerance.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Preparation of period financial statements in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) with accuracy and timeliness as key measurement targets.
- Preparation of Board quarterly reports incorporating analytical review from previous quarter.
- Coordinating the preparation for and handling of annual statutory audit.
- Coordination of all activities relating to preparation for and handling of CBN/NDIC Risk Examinations of the Bank.
- Preparation of quarterly earnings forecast with justifications.
- Maintaining and obtaining database for addressing request from Rating Agencies, and other strategic partners.
- General Ledger review and Reconciliations.
- Coordinating all issues relating to the Bank’s compliance with current and emerging International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets Register.
- Monthly CBN Returns and Queries.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualification and Experience
- First degree in Accountancy, Finance, Economics or any related numerate discipline with a minimum of second class or its equivalent.
- Professional certification especially in ACCA or ACA.
- M.Sc. or MBA will be an added advantage.
Key Performance Measures:
- Zero regulatory infraction.
- Timely and accurate Reporting.
- Prompt adaptation to new requirements.
Candidate’s Knowledge and Attributes:
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in the financial service industry especially in Commercial/Microfinance Banks operating in Nigeria.
- Strong accounting bias with deep knowledge of financial accounting and regulations.
- Candidate must have sound knowledge of the International Financial Reporting Standards especially relating to financial instruments.
- Successful candidates must be self-driven, very energetic, highly resourceful and versatile with exceptional leadership capabilities.
- Candidate must also have the ability to develop financial models and use the models to analyze business opportunities and risks.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, self-confidence, strong conceptual and presentation skills.
How To Apply