Full-time Accounting Clerk at Veritas Travel Agency Limited
Veritas Travel Agency Limited (VTA) is a travel and Tours Company wholly owned by the Catholic Bishop’s Conference of Nigeria (CBCN). We have over the years a rich history in the Business of Travel and Tours. We have set standards used as benchmark for the industry. We tell a long tradition of fidelity to our Clients, organizing tours, Adults and students Pilgrimages, Educational tours, Congresses and Conventions spanning over years.
The Job : Accounting Clerk
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Providing accounting and clerical assistance to the accounting department
- Typing accurately, preparing and maintaining accounting documents and records
- Preparing bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- We are looking for a skilled Accounting Clerk to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
- Accounting Clerk responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements.
- You will also run accounting software programs (e.g. SAP) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts.
- A successful accounting assistant should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
- Ultimately, a successful Accounting Clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts receivable clerk or Accounts payable clerk
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Well organized
- High school degree
- HND or ND in Accounting.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.