Full-time Action Against Hunger: Deputy Country Director-Support Vacancy
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Job :Deputy Country Director-Support
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Providing leadership and management of all the Support Services functions and systems within the mission, including Logistics, Finance and HR & Administration Management to ensure quality support to program implementation in line with Action Against Hunger’s Nigeria Country Strategy, internal policies, good practice and donor guidelines.
Key Activities in your Role
- Coordinate support department work plans, projects implementation plan, departmental strategies and plans of action from development to implementation.
- Overall Management of support functions.
- Risk Management, Compliance & internal control/audit.
- General Administration
- Timely and proper reporting.
- You have a Masters’ degree (or higher) in Economics and/or Political/Humanitarian Studies or equivalent.
- You have at least 7 years’ humanitarian experience in country level senior management/coordination role, preferably in a variety of contexts and countries.
- You’ve worked in highly political, complex emergencies or developmental & security environments.
- You have proven management and coordination skills in Finance, HR, and Logistics.
- You are able to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy
- You have practical experience and/or training in safety and security management.
- You have proven experience in proposal writing and budget development.
- You’ve managed senior staff from a variety of cultural & technical backgrounds.
- You’re comfortable coaching & developing the skills of your direct reports, adapting your leadership to professionals who may, or may not, be familiar working in humanitarian action.
- Your knowledge of the donor community ensures projects respond to the most pressing humanitarian needs & that activities remain compliant with grant requirements.
- You’re able to analyze changes in your context & discuss the implications with senior operational staff.
- You intuitively adapt how you communicate context analysis, strategy, policies & procedures to suit different audiences – both verbally & in writing.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
13th October, 2017.
How To Apply