Full-time Action Against Hunger | ACF-International: Safety and Security Manager Vacancy
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Job : Safety and Security Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Monguno, Borno
- The Safety and Security Manager is the focal point for all security relevant information within Bases of Action Against Hunger (AAH) in Monguno.
- The role holder will be report to the Field Coordinator-Monguno base and primarily serve as an advisor for daily operational planning of safety and security for all staff and programs in Monguno, Nganzai, Magumeri and Kukawa LGAs in Borno State.
- The Safety and Security Manager will ensure that staff and operations in all areas covered, apply the mission’s mandate, charter and code of conduct, as well as safety and security operational policies, procedures and regulations.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
- Represent the mission at the local/regional level to humanitarian and government representatives on related safety and security protocols as well as needs.
- Collection of information regarding politics and security in Monguno, Magumeri, Nganzai and Kukawa LGAs as well as on safety & security issues.
- Liaison with safety and security providers including government and security forces for safety updates.
- Advise on the content and layout for weekly Situational Reports to Field Coordinators to ensure completion and timely submission.
- Responding to security relevant incidents with information gathering and disseminating information in a timely manner for action by supervisors.
- Maintenance of a state-wide network to influential actors and communication of the mission’s status and mission in Nigeria.
- Assist Field Co in analysis, identification, quantification and, mitigation of assessed risks.
- Ensure good implementation of security rules (security plan, SOP) in the bases and program areas.
- Contribute to the development of security plan, SOP writing and send incident reports to Field Co, Country Director including the Security Coordinator.
- Development and maintenance of security network (formal/informal) at base levels.
- Closely coordinate with Field Co for any developments on the security situation.
- In coordination with Field Co, brief all staff on security and context changes as needed at base levels.
The successful candidate will have;
- At least a degree in social sciences, international relations, political science or related discipline.
- Minimum of three years of experience in safety and security.
- Basic experience in Nigerian Security Forces (Military and/or Police).
- Previous experience working for NGOs particularly international and/or health related NGOs.
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels, multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Resident in Jigawa, Yobe and/or Borno state for 5 years+.
- Fluent speaking/reading/writing in English and Hausa language is required. Language Proficiency will be tested.
- Ability to write short coherent reports on topics of security relevance.
- Existing network to influential actors in Jigawa, Yobe and Borno state (e.g. on security, political, social, cultural, religious level).
- A good understanding on political and security situation in Jigawa, Yobe and Borno state.
How To Apply