Full-time ActionAid Nigeria: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Consultant Vacancy
ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
The Job : Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Consultant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reporting to: Project Manager, EnCE-SIP
- The post holder will provide technical support and guidance in meeting the accountability and M&E requirements on the SIP project; as well as develop strategy, results framework, key milestones, monitoring and evaluation plan for the SIP project.
- In addition, the M&E Consultant will develop a robust planning and M&E framework and systems for sustainability of the NSIP project, for recommendation to the NSIO.
In addition, the M&E Consultant will:
- Support monitoring of the Third Party Monitors (TPMs) on the EnCE-SIP project across 36 states of the federation and the FCT to deliver on the core objectives of the project and ActionAid Nigeria using the Human Rights Based Approach (HRBA).
- Focus on monitoring and coordinating the TPMs in states in the Southern parts of Nigeria, the Zonal Coordinators and Citizens’ Groups and Steering Committee on the EnCE-SIP project to ensure that monitoring of implementation of the three components of the National Social Investment Programme (NSIP) is carried out in line with the monitoring framework for the project and the Memorandum of Understanding entered into with the National Social Investment Office (NSIO) in the Office of the Vice President of Nigeria.
- Ensure that reports are properly collated in a timely manner and feedback is communicated to government in line with the feedback mechanism set out for the project.
- Work with other members of the SIP team to develop M&E framework for the EnCE-SIPproject across board, which should be in line with ActionAid global indicators.
- Support and contribute to the development of innovative M&E systems, information management systems, and accountability and communication mechanisms on the NSIP project.
- Support M&E operations throughout the life of the SIP project, meeting regularly with the focal TPMs in each of the three geopolitical zones and states in the southern part of Nigeria remotely to troubleshoot problems, identify solutions and flag best practice.
- Support the TPMs in developing participatory reviews, evaluation and reporting tools for proper documentation and reporting against the project result framework.
- Share and contribute to the development of innovative M&E initiatives within the work streams of ActionAid Nigeria.
- Support strengthening capacities for improving documentation, monitoring and evaluation on the NSIP.
- Monitor and support TPMs to ensure compliance to financial and accountability systems
- Support effective communication mechanisms from TPMs to ActionAid Nigeria and to the NSIO
- Liaise with relevant units in ActionAid Nigeria, including IT unit to ensure that relevant information on monitoring of the SIP is uploaded on the Management Information Systems.
- Review TPMs’ reports and ensure compliance to required formats and reporting timelines
- Work closely with relevant units to ensure implementation of planned activities
- Ensure adequate and effective documentation of all reports on the project
- Contribute to the overall monitoring & evaluation and Impact Assessment and Shared Learning procedure and strategy development of AAN.
- Assume any other responsibilities relevant to the position as assigned by the line manager.
- First degree in Social sciences or Arts/humanities is essential
- Master’s degree in relevant field is essential
- At least five years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent working knowledge of Data information systems as well as Excel, Word & Outlook (MS Office in general)
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation skills and familiarity with the range of approaches and methods currently being deployed in the development sector
- Experience in the use of SPSS tool
- Experience in community based work and use of various participatory M&E tools
- Experience in working with international development organisations.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines.
- Ability to maintain donor relationship and accountability in line with funding policies and standards.
- Excellent skills to motivate and inspire a functional team will be essential
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Highly numerate
- Multi-tasking skills
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent Skills in Programme Information Management
- Experience in coordinating training/meetings
- Team player, a person of integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Effectively promote the AAN’s mission values, and objectives
- Proven Leadership Qualities
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly download and complete the “Application Form” below and send together with their Curriculum Vitae in MSWord attachment to: [email protected] Subject line of emails must state clearly, job title of position applied for and location e.g Manager, Governance – Abuja.
Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women are particularly encouraged.
While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.