Full-time Administrative Assistant at WaterAid Nigeria
WaterAid is an international not-for-profit organisation dedicated to helping the poor and marginalised people break free from poverty and disease, and change their lives for good through improved access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene. Since 1995, WaterAid has dedicatedly worked with the governments and people of Nigeria to support the implementation of sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) interventions and programmes. WaterAid has continued to advocate for the primacy of achieving WASH goals as central to delivering the SDG targets.
The Job : Administrative Assistant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Place of work:WaterAid Nigeria,
Pay band:WaterAid Nigeria Salary Scale Grade B
Full time, 2-years ( renewable)
Reports to Human Resources & Administrative Officer
Outsourced office cleaning staff
WaterAid will need to increase its profile, visibility and brand appeal as it now prioritizes in-country fundraising to meet the ambitious goals of its country strategy. The front office is a very important and first point of contact that offers any visitors to the office an image and impression about the organization. This gives the role of front desk /administrative assistant a very critical place in the achievement of WaterAid Nigeria goals.
The Front desk /administrative assistant will undertake receptionist and other administrative support functions at our office in Abuja. This role will be the face of WaterAid for all its visitors and will hence be responsible for the first impression we make. The post holder will be expected to be able to deal with complaints and also
provide accurate information to visitors and staff. This role must comfortably interact with individuals of all professional levels.
Front desk service
- Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages, demonstrate courteous, positive and a helpful attitude in all interactions, including telephone conversations. Take complete messages in a professional and legible manner.
- Attend to all visitors in a polite , professional and courteous manner
- Ensure front desk area is tidy, clean and presentable at all times and the ambience is maintained in line with profile of WaterAid.
- Apply appropriate discretion in managing information and documents of a sensitive nature ; keeping hard copy documents received out of public view and not leaving them on the front desk, counters or unattended .
- Management of office equipment/ office supplies
- Regularly check the appropriate functioning of office equipment, (intercoms, photocopiers etc) make recommendations for repair or renewal and supervise maintenance of office equipment. Update intercom list as staff changes occur.
- Ensure stock levels of store are adequate, accurately analyze monthly stock to different budgets (i.e. classifying cost of stationery and other store items to different budget holders) and ensure reconciliation of store data with finance record. Also ensure the security of the store.
- Attend to staff requisitions for toiletries and other items such as tea items, papers, etc.
- Arrange prompt repairs of damaged chairs, desk and other office furniture and fixtures; Liaise with Human Resources & Administrative Officer and budget holders to purchase replacements when necessary.
General administrative duties
- Take responsibility for maintaining spare keys to all offices; act as custodian of the stationery and office supplies storage
- Perform basic office support and document processing services such as typing, spiral binding as requested
- Receive letters, mails and parcels and distribute them in a timely manner to recipients ; processing outgoing despatch ; act as primary liaison with courier service providers
- Compile, copy, sort and file non-confidential records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities
- Arrange meeting venues (chairs, tables, projectors, flip charts etc. are in place)
- Make minor purchases on behalf of the office
- Maintain keys to WANG post office box and develop /implement schedule for regular retrieval of mails , correspondences and documents delivered through the post office box
- Support achievement of efficient office services ;
- Take responsibility for basic maintenance of office facilities and premises including arranging replacement of dead bulbs and repairs of faulty lamps; mowing of lawns and escalating complaints as necessary to colleagues
- Manage office power generators to achieve minimum 90% performance efficiency; log daily generator usage and diesel usage; ensure timely fault identification and repairs and promptly escalating complaints to Human Resources & Administrative Officer or contacting service provider to arrange maintenance or repair visit; Liaise with Human Resources & Administrative Officer for timely purchase of diesel for generator usage and track usage to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Collect utility bills –water bills and process payments to service providers; monitor utilization of electricity meters and purchase recharge /top up cards to avoid interruption of office power supply.
- Oversee office cleaning to ensure cleanliness, tidiness and ambience for productive work.
- Possession of a minimum of national diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in a similar role in a formal /structured work setting
- Pleasant and good natured disposition with a ‘can do’ attitude /willingness to assist around the office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage conflict/difficult situation
- igh sense of responsibility/ reliaHbility
- Ability to manage information with discretion and confidentiality
- Demonstrate good common sense judgement
- Good telephone etiquette
- University degree in social sciences , humanities
- Experience managing outsourced office cleaning staff
How To Apply
Individuals interested in the role are encouraged to send an expression of interest and updated CV in a single document(saved in your name) to [email protected]
The position title should be indicated in the subject line of the email.