Full-time Administrative Assistant at Coffey International
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
The Job : Administrative Assistant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Nigeria Policing Programme
We are looking for an efficient Admin Assistant to support the Nigeria Policing Programme, and ensure smooth and effective office administrations.
Until March 2019
The Nigeria Policing Programme (NPP) is funded by the British High Commission through the Conflict, Stabilisation and Security Fund (CSSF). The programme aims to improve the Nigerian Police Force’s contribution to the delivery of safety and security for Nigerians in target states; strengthen internal and external accountability mechanisms; and improve the coherence of security provision among and between formal and informal security actors.
The Administrative Assistant will work with the Finance Officers, Programme Officer and support the wider team to ensure smooth and effective office administrations.
The Administrative Assistant will:
- Be responsible for making logistics arrangements for the NPP team liaising with the NPP Programme Officer;
- Prepare financial documentations to support timely, accurate and compliant payment of bills and services;
- Be responsible for supporting the programme officer in coordinating and preparing for activities and event delivered by NPP, for example
- General administrative tasks, such as – but not limited to, printing, scanning, minute taking and maintaining appropriate levels of supplies to ensure the smooth running of the programme;
- Support NPP team members in executing events and workshops efficiently, effectively and smoothly;
- Maintain NPPs contacts list;
- Contribute to and take responsibility for certain aspects of NPPs filing and knowledge management, including managing the NPPs correspondence records.
- Support to organisation of NPP events.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by Finance Officer and Deputy Team Leader- Planning and Operations
- Oversee the distribution of incoming and outgoing mail
- Adhere to all security advice from Coffey’s Risk Management Team.
- Adhere to Coffey International Policies and Procedures as outlined in the Operations Manual.
- Adhere to Coffey International’s behaviours: Ingenuity, Collaboration, Respect, Intelligent Risk, Integrity and Delivery.
- Engage in the activities of the Programme Management Team and contribute to the progression of the programme, to ensure delivery of project outputs and outcomes in line with NPP’s logframe. This will involve routine programme meetings (each week) to undertake detailed review of progress against the logframe, adjusting workplans and resourcing on an on-going basis to remain on track.
- Some travel and out of office hours work may be required.
- Any other duties as may be required for the exigency of the programme.
Qualifications and experience
- Have 2 years relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Proficient experience in the use of all office communication and IT facilities, such as computers, scanners, printers, good knowledge in the use of internet; and very good application knowledge of the full Microsoft Office 2010 suit
- Excellent proven and convincing communication and moderation skills within the environment of an multi-cultural office;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
Competencies and Behaviours
- Organised and efficient and able to deliver at pace to meet the needs of a busy office.
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Team worker who readily communicates with all team members.
- The Administrative Assistant will report to the Finance Officer.
- The Administrative Assistant will also work closely with the Programme Officer. They will also need to communicate with all team members, including those based in state offices.
How To Apply