Full-time Administrative Officer at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions.
The Job : Administrative Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Supervisor: Associate Director, ESITA
- The Administrative Officer will be responsible for managing and coordinating office operations, supplies and support services and ensuring the public and staff areas of the office premises are kept in good order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency and the optimal use of facilities at the Country Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
- Coordinates all administrative and secretarial support services for the office (as relevant).
- Keeps proper office records/filings as appropriate.
- Records minutes of meetings and circulates same.
- Supports Travels Manager to coordinate travel details/logistics for staff, consultants and TDyers’ including booking hotel accommodations and arranging for airport and hotel pick-ups. Reconciles records with service providers, prepares periodic reports and payment requests. Supports in vehicle management, fueling and maintenance.
- Supports Facilities Manager to coordinate office cleaning, stores and inventory management, supervises third party service providers such as cleaning, courier, cantering vendors, generator maintenance and operations etc
- Supervises administrative assistants, orderlies and drivers.
- Assists the Travels Manager in the provision of logistics support for workshops and trainings.
- Coordinates all records/storage of supplies for the country office.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University degree with minimum of 3-5 years experience in an administrative role with increasing level of responsibility
- Familiarity with administrative and secretarial skills is required
- Experience with large complex organization preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Well developed computer skills, including knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
How To Apply