Full-time Africa Regional Finance Coordinator at Our Daily Bread Ministries (ODB)
Our Daily Bread Ministries (ODB), is a non-denominational, not for profit Christian organization. Our mission is to make the life-changing wisdom of the Bible understandable and accessible to all, and our vision is to see people of all nations experiencing a personal relationship with Christ, growing to be more like Him and serving in a local body of His family.
The Job : Africa Regional Finance Coordinator
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
ODB currently has a vacancy for the position of a Regional Finance Coordinator. The Regional Finance Coordinator is a member of the ODB Africa Region Management Team. She/he has a key leadership role to support the Africa Region in ensuring that operations are efficiently and effectively managed, are financially sustainable and also support the delivery of ODB Ministries’ mission in the Africa Region.
She/he will oversee the management of the financial resources of ODB Ministries in the Africa Region. The position will ensure a high level of financial control, ensure compliance with ODB Ministries’ financial policies and procedures, and ensure the efficient use of financial resources.
SCOPE OF OPERATION:
- The Regional Finance Coordinator reports to the Assistant Vice President (AVP) Africa Region and is responsible for providing guidance and leadership to the local office’s finance staff. In addition, this role has a dotted line of reporting to the Our Daily Bread Ministries’ International Finance Coordinator as it relates to global consolidation and reporting matters.
- The Africa Regional Finance Coordinator operates out of our Lagos office and is expected to follow local office operating and governance practices under the direction of the AVP Africa Region, who also operates out of the Lagos office.
- The Regional Finance Coordinator will operate only within the scope and the authority mandated to him/her by the AVP Africa Region.
- The Regional Finance Coordinator cannot enter into any legally binding contract without the consent of the AVP and in compliance with the Our Daily Bread Ministries Authority Guideline Policy.
- The Regional Finance Coordinator will represent ODB Ministries, Africa Region at both local and some international forums at the direction of the AVP.
- The Regional Finance Coordinator’s performance is subject to both quarterly and annual reviews.
STUDY OR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- First degree in Finance or Accounting, with ICAN Certification.
- Minimum of five year’s continuous work experience in finance and accounting. Previous experience as an FC in management role in the application of business finance and accounting is necessary.
- Multi-cultural and location plus international finance experience desired.
- Experience with reporting in a multi-location environment requiring an understanding of intercompany transactions and the creation of consolidated reporting is compulsory.
- Audit process and/or firm experience desired.
- Must be a sincere born again Christian and an active member of a local church, whose local Pastor can vouch for
- International travel is required.
- Proficiency in English language communication is required.
- Must be analytical, self-motivated, able to handle difficult and stressful situations.
- Must be proficient in accounting and business software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc).
Competitive remuneration similar with other non for profit organization
How To Apply
Interested candidates should please forward their CVs along with a cover Note detailing their current involvement in church activities and any other faith-based organizations or NGOs to [email protected]