Full-time African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re): Assistant Account Officer Recruitment
The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading African reinsurance company with headquarters in Lagos (Nigeria). Africa Re has six regional offices: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Ebene (Mauritius). The Corporation equally has two subsidiaries: African Reinsurance Corporation South Africa Ltd in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful in Cairo (Egypt) and one Local Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).Note: Africa Re is an equal opportunity employer and offers a good working environment commensurate with international standards.
The Job : Assistant Account Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- The successful candidate shall Report directly to the Assistant Director Finance & Administration (ADFA) of the West Africa Regional Office and responsible for the receipt of all incoming funds to West Africa Regional Office and lodgments into relevant bank accounts whether locally or offshore.
The main duties of the Assistant Account Officers shall comprise, amongst others, the following:
- Posting of all receipts and Payments.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation
- Preparation of Weekly liquidity/collection report
- Carry out daily cash allocation of receipts and payments
- Reconciliation of retrocessionaires’ accounts
- Raising and posting of Journal Vouchers
- Inter Office reconciliation for all locations.
- Cash matching of receipts and payments with related reinsurance debtor transactions for assigned cedants.
- Providing technical accounting support to the Underwriting team in the processing, maintenance and reconciliation of cedant/broker accounts
- Engage in an aggressive collection drive.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by ADFA
The Main competencies required for this position are as follows:
- Excellent knowledge of insurance and reinsurance.
- Very Good reporting skills.
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Work with limited supervision
- Working knowledge of accounting software (MS excel in particular)
- Analytical mind
- Good interpersonal relations
- Capacity for analyzing and reasoning
- Capacity for planning
- Capacity for taking initiatives and decision
- Ability to foster cordial relationship with cedants and colleagues
- Should be of high Integrity and have good sense of responsibility
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Higher National Diploma (HND) or First University degree or equivalent in relevant field plus a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience;
- Relevant work experience in a Technical Accounts department of a reinsurance company or an insurance company is a must.
- Relevant Professional Qualification would be an added advantage.
Salary & Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Grade Level SS 2;
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus);
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer);
- Education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children);
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Housing allowance;
- Exemption from taxes and duties (diplomatic status of an international civil servant);
- Inflation Adjustment, that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation.
- Transport Allowance
Applicants must also be:
- Fluent in English, working knowledge of French will be an added advantage;
- Nationals of Members state of Africa Re;
- Not more than 32 years old.
How To Apply