Contract Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA): Logistics Manager Recruitment
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Logistics Manager
Job Status: 6 Months, renewable Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Askira/Uba, Borno, Nigeria
- Logistics Manager, under operational guidelines and leadership from the Project Coordinator/Program in charge and with technical Support from the Logistics Coordinator, is responsible, in order to ensure an optimal performance subject to ALIMA standards to assume is role in management, monitoring and supervision of all logistics support related directly or indirectly to medical activities and operations inside the project area.
- Logistics Manager will act as logistics referent at the field level and shall ensure that all ALIMA/Donor Logistics, Supply, fleets, Stocks management and Procurement procedures are well implemented and respected.
In collaboration with the Project Team and the Logistics Coordinator, define, implement and monitor logistics activities and objectives based on the ALIMA strategic planning, standards and protocols.
This involves the following tasks:
- Responsible to ensure the implementation of support (communications, electricity, transport, IT) and any other logistical activities required to achieve the medical objectives (construction/restoration, water & sanitation, Cold Chain, etc.)
- Responsible to manage and monitor the material resources for the Project, under the supervision of the Project Coordinator and the Logistics Coordinator.
- Responsible to ensure installations and maintenance of functional office space and lodging facilities in the project in an adequate living conditions as well as all the equipment required with a support from the Logistics team at the field and from ALIMA Coordination team,
- Responsible for the asset, Inventory, fleet, stock, Contracts & follow up, vendors and price lists management of the project.
- Responsible to ensure an appropriate supply chain for the Project with the direct support of the Supply Chain Manager of the coordination.
- Responsible to ensure implementation of the technical SOPs, policies of logistics/security procedures in the Project areas/zones according to ALIMA standard Logistics & Security Guidelines.
- Involved with the Project Coordinator in Mapping/Identification of the local actors within the area of intervention: local authorities, NGOs, etc. to ensure good relationship with all the actors
- Responsible to coordinates, organizes, supervises, coach and supports logistics team members’ performance to improve the logistics components of the project.
- Responsible to plan and supervise, in close collaboration with the Project Coordination, the associated processes (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development of skills and internal / external communication) of the project logistics staff in order to ensure the required performance and achieving goals,
- Shall ensure implementation, manage and monitor the necessary reporting tools for logistics activities
- Responsible to compiles the quantitative logistics data (consummations, stocks, distributions) and analyses them before transmission to the project coordinator and the Logistics coordinator in monthly reporting.
- Participate in exploratory mission’s / situation assessments and define logistics operational priorities when needed
- Participate in the development of the project proposal and project budget review
- To follow up Action Plan settings.
- The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other work can be required according to the needs of the mission.
- Mobility is requested from ALIMA staff, including short term assignments from their usual place of work.
- Part of any ALIMA-employee responsibilities is the attendance of trainings as per the requirements of the organisation.
- The job description can be modified according to the evolution of the work.
- NB: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive as it could be amended from time to time according to the needs of the mission.
Experience and Skills
- University degree in Logistics, Supply, Administration, other related fields.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Logistics
- Experience with medical international NGO, an asset.
- Team management and supervision skills
- Perfect knowledge of MS Office package, especially Excel & Word
- Rigorous, stress resistant and good adaptation capacity
- Communications and negotiation skills
- Flexibility and proactivity
- Language: English is mandatory (written, read, spoken), French is an asset.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit online their Application Letter, CV with color picture to: [email protected] Using “Medical Activity Manager – Monguno” as the subject of the mail.
Submit hardcopies to ALIMA’s Office in Maiduguri, Borno
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.