Full-time Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited: Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer – II Recruitment
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
The Job : Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer – II
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Deliver topsides rotating equipment on floating Floating Systems, with an emphasis on FPSO Systems.
- Contribute to a diverse skill pool of Floating Systems professionals in applying the in-depth technical expertise required for the design, fabrication, installation, commissioning and operations support for rotating equipment systems such as pumps, compressors and drives (turbines and electric motors).
- Understand the interfaces in Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSOs) vessels with civil/structural, mechanical static, rotating equipment, electrical, automation, controls and instrumentation, process, project engineering, asset engineering and Operations/Maintenance of deepwater development systems.
- Exhibit strong, proven abilities in rotating equipment engineering.
- Contribute to authentic and visible leadership in the areas of HSSE, diversity, coaching, interpersonal and technical skills development, implementation of Nigerian Content Development requirements, and cost leadership in a Nigerian environment. Help to maintain the health of rotating equipment for large, complex deep offshore assets safely, on or below budget according to the business plan.
- Develop and support a contractor and supplier base for the Floating Systems-managed subsystems of rotating equipment assets. Participate in the support of strategic relationships with specifically identified engineering,installation and maintenance contractors.
- Understand and use relevant Shell standards, specifications and design processes.Drive technical assurance by assuring engineering and construction of Rotating Equipment engineering discipline scope is carried out in compliance with required project standards and specifications, including DEM1 and DEM2 compliance.
- Develop equipment specifications, data sheets, cost estimates, and manufacturing schedules for rotating equipment.
- Work seamlessly with Shell resources in Houston, New Orleans, Aberdeen and Rijswijk to implement best practices and share learnings.
- Support the maintenance of and suggest enhancement of specialized deepwater design and operations support tools.
- Support major activities on the existing SNEPCO assets, including root cause failure analyses, equipment condition monitoring, asset integrity assessments, machine overhauls and component repairs both offshore and onshore.
- TA3 accountability for project technical assurance. Also provide approval for field deviations as a short term TA.
- Provide technical support for commissioning/startup of Rotating Equipment.
- Contribute to the development of work tools or procedures for the projects organization as required.
- Ensure project delivery is carried out in compliance with agreed HSSE practices
- Preparation of scopes of work for engineering contractors for the Rotating Equipment engineering discipline.
- A graduate in mechanical engineering with a working knowledge in the development and implementation of project/asset activities and processes, i.e. concept selection, project specification (FEED), detail engineering, construction, commissioning, operations etc.
- Experience should be a minimum of 10 years with excellent inter-personal and leadership skills. Good communications skills (i.e. strong listening, technical report writing and presentation) are essential.
- Prior experience with major upstream development projects will be an added advantage.Be fully familiar with applicable Rotating Equipment engineering specifications, installation and commissioning standards applicable to the assigned projects.
- Experience with vertical turbine pumps, electro submersible pumps, fire water pump systems.
- Experience in design/construction, commissioning, operation and project surveillance of oil and gas facilities is required.
- Participation in a previous project team as discipline engineer will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills will be an advantage.
- Excellent PC skills, with emphasis on rotating equipment design spreadsheets and troubleshooting packages is a requirement.
- Delivery of the Rotating Equipment engineering scope for past projects
- Ensure execution of plant changes is carried out in strict compliance with the asset Management of Change process.
- Review of engineering deliverables from engineering contractors regarding Rotating Equipment engineering discipline, ranging from engineering study deliverables to RFQ packages, commissioning procedures, ITPs, etc.
- Participation in engineering reviews regarding Rotating Equipment engineering discipline.
- Participation in safety and quality audits and field reviews
How To Apply