Full-time Amerapex Nigeria Limited: Business Development Manager Recruitment
Amerapex Nigeria Limited (a subsidiary of Terra Energy Services Nigeria Limited) is a Nigerian company offering technical expertise and global leverage in Engineering, Procurement & Construction Management (EPCM) and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) for repairs, maintenance and inspection of oil and gas infrastructure to ascertain structural integrity during operations. Safety is paramount in everything we do and we are dedicated to helping our customers achieve the highest return on their investments by executing our inspections more effectively creating a more cost efficient inspection process.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Business Development Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The successful candidate will be responsible for seeking out and developing new businesses for Terra Energy Services Nigeria Limited. They should be commercially astute and have excellent communication skills, with a proven record in generating significant revenues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic direction and support to build relationships with NCD Monitoring Board.
- Develop and drive strategy for achievement of key performance indicators in the Guidelines for Nigerian Content Development
- Provide day-to-day support in collation and interpretation of local data related to the Industry that would be required to implement any strategies and plans as deemed fit.
- Stay abreast and updated on trends within the industry focused on the development of local capacity.
- Liaise with all stakeholders to prepare and monitor the company’s Nigerian Content Plans in compliance with local laws for all the proposals submitted.
- Liaise with the all the involved functions, in particular Legal, HR and Finance in ensuring compliance with the provisions of the Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Act.
- Assist the Business Development Unit in maintaining competitive advantage in adding value to the Nigerian content policy.
- Lead and manage interface and relationship building with key contacts at customer NCD departments, NCDMB, DPR (NCD), governments, and host communities.
- Lead efforts towards participation in NCD forums, seminars, exhibitions and summits as may be directed by customers, NCDMB and other regulatory bodies. Report action items from such events and drive compliance as appropriate.
- Lead initiatives that will promptly lead to the proliferation of skills and competencies among Nigerians of all ages, both in general.
- Responsible for formulating and driving all Nigerian Content initiatives and projects, providing project scope, costs and implementation plan. Also responsible for ensuring that the desired level of recognition/credit is received (from NCDMB and customers) for such initiatives.
- Prepare, present and issue Nigerian Content Reports.
- Monitor actual implementation of the Nigerian Content plan and propose corrective actions.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the performance of Nigeria content in accordance with approved procedures.
- Ensuring personnel awareness on the requirements of the Nigerian content plan by facilitating trainings and seminars.
- Creating and maintaining a detailed business model for the company
- Head of Department, with corporate responsibilities to manage the Department and represent the Company in-line with Company polices.
- Developing and pursing new business opportunities for the Company in the oil and gas sectors
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with government so as to ensure that relevant government agencies – DPR, NIPEX, NAPIMS
- Developing and maintaining client and project target list
- Define clear strategies and schedules for achieving set targets
- Prequalification of the Company with existing and potential customers,
- Preparation of tenders – Technical and Commercial
- Manage tender submissions, including liaison with Operations, HR, Planning and finance
- Manage all regulatory compliance issues
- Provide inputs to management on market information to enable the General business coordination with the MD
- Any other ad hoc functions as may be required
Key Performance Indicators
- Client satisfaction rating
- Number of tenders won
- Effectiveness of market intelligence
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, MBA or equivalent is a plus
- 10-13 years of progressive experience in commercial or business development roles. Previous experience in oil and gas is an added advantage
- Strong commercial judgment and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills (communication and presentation skills – ability to present/communicate complex concepts concisely)
- Ability to communicate with influence and quickly build credible relationships
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to solve tough problems
- Marketing – Mastery
- eLeadership – Mastery
- Business Acumen – Mastery
- Strategic Thinking – Mastery
- Negotiation – Mastery
- Interpersonal – Mastery
- Problem-solving – Mastery
- Networking – Mastery
- IT/Computer – Skill
- Planning – Mastery
- Organizational – Skill
- Communication – Mastery
- Entrepreneurial Drive – Mastery
- Plenty of Initiatives – Mastery
- Work is primarily done in a business/office environment
- Some travel may be required
Application Closing Date
9th July, 2019.
How To Apply
Note: When the link opens, please click on “Business Development Manager”.