Full-time Analyst, Regulatory Reporting at Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture.
The Job : Analyst, Regulatory Reporting
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job ID: 567131
Job Function: Finance
- To collate information from the bank’s records and ensure timely submission of regulatory returns to CBN relating to:
- Invisible trade.
- Letters of Credit.
- Import bills.
- Exports Transactions
- Capital Importation.
- Purchase and Sales of Foreign Exchange
- Report on foreign trade credit lines to the regulators
- Provide reports required for regulatory examination exercises
- Support the Reporting Manager in liaison with Local Regulatory authorities
- Check the accuracy of all inputs from Trade dept and the branches
- Undertake key controls self assessments
- To collate information from the bank’s records and ensure timely submission of regulatory returns to CBN
- Up load, update and deliver all local Trade returns timely
- Under the supervision of the Reporting Manager respond to and resolve all Local Trade Reporting issues
- Provide relevant schedules and respond to regulatory audit queries
- Be able to automate (end to end) the Trade returns and related reports made to the CBN
- Provide monthly reconciliation of FX trade returns and agree same to the banks general ledger
- Be up to update on changes in regulatory requirements and document a process review to accommodate such changes.
Qualifications and Skills
- University Degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower
- Professional qualifications in Accounting and Finance e.g. ACCA, ACA plus at least three to four years work experience in Regulatory and Financial reporting department of a financial institution.
- Good working knowledge of the Local Regulatory requirements and Group Accounting practice supplemented by all round Banking experience.
- Good understanding of the Foreign Exchange Manual and related Circulars
- Working experience of Accounting/Banking systems and products is essential for the extraction and processing of data.
- Understanding of the GL accounts is essential in assessing whether the trend of an account is irregular and requires immediate management attention.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential in dealings with both internal and external customer.
- Ability to work in a busy and strenuous environment for long hours in order to meet set deadlines.
How To Apply