Internship Andela: People Intern Vacancy
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
The Job :People Intern
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- The People department is entrusted with the responsibility of managing the lifecycle of each Andela employee. The goal of the People team is to attract and retain, on an equitable basis, a vibrant and motivated workforce, with an appropriate skills mix, committed to fulfilling the goals of the organization.
About the Role
- The People Intern will directly assist the People team in a wide range of tasks and responsibilities related to Scheduling, Project Managing People Initiatives, HR Ops, Employee Engagement, Performance Management.
- This internship is designed to be both learning-oriented and practical.
- In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills learnt in his/her tertiary institution and apply them in a professional environment.
- The intern will gain a better understanding of the role of HR and how it can be applied in a technology-driven environment.
- The intern will also have the opportunity to work with teams across our Andela locations around the world.
- Own and manage the administrative tasks of the People team.
- Manage the People team extremely busy and active calendar and appointments.
- Support in composing and preparing confidential correspondence for the People team.
- Support in arranging and managing travel itinerary, agenda and logistics for the People team.
- Support the People team on Performance and Disciplinary Matters.
- Take ownership of documenting and filing incident reports, performance notifications in employee’s files on BambooHR.
- Effectively manage employee requests through Hivy by being responsive, following-up, and escalating as required.
- Follow-up with selected HMO(s) on employee enrollment.
- Support the team with planning and coordination of culture initiatives.
- Support with management invites and stakeholder follow-up for events.
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Has a Degree from an accredited College or University. (A Masters Degree is an added advantage)
- Has strong interpersonal skills.
- Has exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Has excellent critical thinking, analytical mindset and problem solving skills.
- Pays great attention to details.
- Is personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people.
- Has strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of HR documents and other personal information.
- Has strong analytical skills.
- Has a genuine interest in Human Resources Management and Project Management.
- Shows commitment to the aims and values of Andela.
EPIC Values Alignment:
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
- If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- A monthly stipend.
- Lunch and snacks provided daily.
- Beautiful working environment.
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet.
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
How To Apply