Full-time Associate at Ace Solicitors
Ace Solicitors is a full service law firm based in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria, with offices/affiliates in Lagos, Asaba, Accra in Ghana, South Africa and the United Kingdom. Our firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the key markets of Africa, the United Kingdom and in the core areas of commercial activity.
The Job : Associate
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Start Date: May 2018
- The main objective of the job is to provide daily support in collaboration with the departmental head in every phase of research, execution of client instructions which includes but is not limited to client /case document preparation, records management, reviewing evidentiary filings, proofreading briefs, etc.
- Assist in drafting legal opinions, instruments, processes and documents as may be required in execution of clients ‘instructions or the discharge of assigned tasks
- Provide support in drafting of all non-contentious legal processes (including but not limited to incorporation, intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, financial/securities offerings, compliance issues, corporate and property transactions, agreements and patents)
- To assist in case preparation and in preparing pleadings, organizing materials for litigious cases
- To make court appearances and be responsible for taking courtroom notes
- To undertake inquiries and legal research particularly in areas of designated assignment so as to further the unit’s overall objective in delivering excellent legal services to the firm’s litigious clients
- To assisting in drafting and delivery of letters to courts or administrative bodies for development and progress of cases
- To liaise with third parties in ensuring proper handling of firm’s cases and obtain certified true copies of judgment upon completion of cases
- To keep cases organized by monitoring and ensuring accuracy in the organization of files; keeping diary dates for clients’ matters and monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions
- Research, anticipate and guard clients against legal risks
- Guide clients and ensure compliance with applicable laws
- Structure, draft and review agreements and other legal documents
- Follow up on client compliance obligations, attend and draft minutes of meetings and represent client in both contentious and non-contentious legal proceedings
- Ensure proper case / client file documentation and ensure prompt and detailed client update, status reports and feedback
- Regular updating of legal knowledge by participating in legal training opportunities, reading professional books and materials.
- Undertaking other relevant assignment as may be assigned by designated seniors in Chambers, the Head of Chambers and Partners in the firm
- Keeping abreast with current affairs to identify new business opportunities.
- Seeking opportunities for expansion in new markets as well as continued expansion among existing clients
- Building relationships with existing clients in an attempt to increase their current spend
- Communicating new service developments to prospective clients
- Report to Head of Legal & Management Team
- Minimum of LLB, BL degree with 2 years relevant work experience
- Must be computer-literate, particularly in programs such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point & Use of Drop Box.
- Personal integrity, honesty and transparency is essential.
- High sense of confidentiality
- Highly organized, with ability to deliver error free work output, collaboration and negotiating skills required, with the ability to work independently, exhibit self-motivation and be self-directed, is necessary.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures and multitask, must possess ability to meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit their CV’s and Cover Letter showing relevant experience to the role and responsibilities above to: [email protected] with mail subject: “Application for the Position of Associate” addressed to:
The Managing Partner,
9 Negro Crescent, Euphrates Street,
Note: Shortlisting of applications will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted