Full-time Atlantic Hall School: Female Resident Medical Officer Recruitment
Atlantic Hall School is a co-educational full boarding secondary school set in extensive and beautiful grounds in Poka, Epe, a safe rural setting close to the Atlantic Ocean.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Female Resident Medical Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Diagnose and treat medical conditions, disorders, and diseases through the application of specialist medical skills and knowledge.
- Manage the school clinic and ensure policies and procedures are followed, and standards are maintained.
- Undertake patient consultations and physical examinations
- Conduct regular patient check-ups, diagnose any ailments, monitor and administer medication, Assess and plan treatment requirements and write reports and maintain records.
- Promote whole school health education by conducting health talks and refresher training on First Aid/CPR/AED to certified members of staff
- Conduct such special medical examinations on students as may be indicated or required after referrals by the classroom teacher, the school nurse, or the house parent.
- Examine and/or approve annually all students participating in inter-house athletic activities and sea school before participation
- Examine members of staff and new hires as required and provide report on their suitability for employment or continued employment
- Work with the VP (Pastoral) on medical issues and public health information programs and procedures
- Serve as a liaison with students private physicians as required
- Assist in the development and implementation of medical practices and procedures in the School
- Coordinate and manage testing of the school water system to ascertain quality and advise the school appropriately
- Refer patients to specialists and consultants after giving first aid treatment.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the Vice Principal (Pastoral/Student Affairs).
Qualification, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Medical degree in Medicine from an accredited school and licensed to practice in Nigeria
- Higher degree e.g. MPH, MHA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience preferably in a school
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure
- Compassionate and empathetic
- Problem solving and effective decision-making skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
- Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment.
- High integrity and ethical standards
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and CV on-line to: [email protected] with the “Job Role” as subject of the email
Note: Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.