Full-time Atlantic Hall School: Male House Parent/Sports Coach Recruitment
Atlantic Hall School is a co-educational full boarding secondary school set in extensive and beautiful grounds in Poka, Epe, a safe rural setting close to the Atlantic Ocean.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Male House Parent/Sports Coach
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- As a House Parent, you are concerned with all the tasks relating to the personal care, boarding accommodation, hostel snacks, study, recreation and weekly/weekend activities of children under your care. You are to live in the boarding house with the children.
- Implement the school development programs, procedures and policies that contribute towards the on-going improvements and effective management of the boarding houses
- Foster and maintain a school climate where learning and the school values of respect, fairness, integrity and team spirit are paramount
- Encourage students to accept responsibility, promote school expectations and be able to manage situations within the assigned year group, and to refer to the Head of Boarding where appropriate
- Actively support and promote the school’s “character count program”
- Arrange and supervise activities that promote intellectual, physical, social and spiritual development of students
- Ensure high standard of living and hygiene standards are maintained in the hostels
- Conduct orientation and induction of new students and help the students settle properly in the hostels
- Lend a sympathetic ear to students with problems or provide counseling and where necessary refer students to the school counsellor through the Head of Boarding
- Accompany students on outings
- Liaise with parents/guardians as appropriate in meeting the needs of students; respond to parents/guardians requests concerning their children as appropriate
- Keep the hostels safe and orderly by safely placing or stacking materials.
- Report all accidents/incidents to the Head of Boarding immediately, even if there is no injury
- Inspect the hostel daily and report any hazards immediately to the Head of Boarding
- Take a roll call of students within ten (10) minutes of end of lessons and dinner when all students are expected to have returned to the hostels. Investigate student(s) absence and report to the Head of Boarding immediately
- Ensure that students leaving the hostels at the time all students are meant to be in the hostel are accompanied by an adult
- Be visible at the quadrangle whenever students are in the hostel and may retire to bed any time after 11:00pm
- Coach different team sports, such as football, basketball, Cricket etc.
- Coaching at all levels of different age groups.
- Chaperon school teams carefully to ensure all students are learning in a safe, constructive environment
- You must have exemplary skills in communication and leadership, perform well under pressure, and have the experience and confidence necessary in coaching a winning team.
- Organize and Prepare materials/equipment for training and ensure students observe safety rules
- Plan and prepare regular training for members of the school teams for competitions.
- They must have knowledge in the different types of equipment used in sports, physical fitness, and safety rules.
- Support other departmental or school activities/ programmes
- High level of self-discipline is required.
Qualification, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of University Degree in Physical & Health Education or Human Kinetics
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a related field
- Concern for the wellbeing of young people
- Proactive, energetic with an eye for details
- Ability to promote and support a healthy and safe environment
- Good decision making, problem solving and leadership skills
- High sense of responsibility, accountability and dependability
- Understanding of students’ needs and cultural differences
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of the operations of a boarding school
- Maturity and tact, including the ability to relate effectively with various stakeholders
- Good appreciation and working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to build rapport with high school-age students
- Demonstrable record of helping students to balance academics and sports
- High integrity and ethical standards.
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and CV on-line to: [email protected] with the “Job Role” as subject of the email
Note: Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.