Full-time Auchi Polytechnic: Polytechnic Librarian Recruitment
Auchi Polytechnic, a first generation and well established Federal Polytechnic with the functions of providing technology education, training and development of techniques in Applied Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Business Studies, Art & industrial Design as well as other spheres of learning, has vacancy for the position below:
The Job : Polytechnic Librarian
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Auchi, Edo, Nigeria
- The Polytechnic Librarian is the head of the Library Department of the Polytechnic.
- He is responsible to the Rector In the day to day administration and control of the Library.
- He is the custodian of the Polytechnics Library materials (e.g. books) in the library.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates for the post of Polytechnic Librarian are required to possess a good honours Degree with Masters in Library Studies/Science (M.L.S.) with 15 years cognate experience or a Bachelor of Library Studies/Science (B.L.S.) with 18 years cognate experience plus professional Library qualification with 15 years qualification experience. Ph.D in Library Science and information will be an added advantage.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for a term of five (5) years only.
- The salary attached to the position is consolidated with other benefits as comparable to that in other similar institutions of higher learning in the country.
- Applicant, who will be more than 60 years of age as at January, 2020 need not apply.
How To Apply
Candidates are required to submit twenty (20) copies of their Applications/Curriculum Vitae, giving information in the order listed below:
- Full names
- Post desired
- Date of birth
- Two (2) recent passport photographs
- Place of birth and state of origin
- Permanent home address (Not P.O. Box or P.M.B.)
- Current postal address (Including GSM number and e-mail address)
- Marital status
- Number of children with names and ages
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications with dates, where applicable
- Professional qualifications with dates
- Publications and books, where necessary
- Working experience, general and specific experience with dates
- Details of administrative experience and service to the community (with dates)
- Present employment, status, salary and employer
- Extra curricula activities
- Names and addresses of three Referees (two of whom must be professional authorities in relevant fields) who must be requested by the applicant to forward their confidential report to the Registrar, via the address below and marked “Confidential for the Attention of the Registrar” at the top left hand comer of the envelope
All Applications should be sent to the address below:
Office of the Registrar,
P.M.B 13, Auchi,
Note: Late application will NOT be entertained. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged.