Full-time Borno Intervention Assistant at Coffey International Development
Coffey International Development has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
The Job : Borno Intervention Assistant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
The Nigeria Policing Programme (NPP) is funded by the British High Commission through the Conflict, Stabilisation and Security Fund (CSSF). The programme aims to improve the Nigerian Police Force’s contribution to the delivery of safety and security for Nigerians in target states; strengthen internal and external accountability mechanisms; and improve the coherence of security provision among and between formal and informal security actors.
The State Intervention Assistant will provide administration support to the implementation of NPP at the state level. They will work closely with the State Intervention Assistant to ensure successful delivery of programme interventions at the state level.
The State Intervention Assistant will:
- Assist in the reconciliation of petty cash and financial requests for the state office.
- Support procurement of assets for state office, and ensure proper documentation.
- Support logistics related to intervention activities/project management.
- Ensure smooth running of events and meetings.
- Undertake general administrative tasks such as printing, scanning, filing.
- Ensure smooth and efficient running of the project office.
- Adhere to all security advice from Coffey’s Risk Management Team.
- Adhere to Coffey International’s behaviours: Ingenuity, Collaboration, Respect, Intelligent Risk, Integrity and Delivery.
- Engage in the activities of the Programme Management Team and contribute to the progression of the programme, to ensure delivery of project outputs and outcomes in line with NPP’s logframe. This will involve routine programme meetings (each week) to undertake detailed review of progress against the logframe, adjusting workplans and resourcing on an on-going basis to remain on track.
- Some travel and out of office hours work may be required.
- Any other duties as may be required for the exigency of the programme.
Duration and phasing
The implementation phase of the programme is scheduled to end in March 2019.
This position will be based in the NPP Office in Maiduguri. This position is being recruited locally, and as such no relocation support will be provided.
Qualifications and experience
- Experience of financial administration, including handling petty cash and completing financial forms and filing.
- Experience or project administration and supporting project activities, including workshops.
- Experience of general office administration duties
Competencies and behaviours
- Ability to work in a small team, with a strong sense of personal accountability.
- Grounding in financial and project administration
- Well organised and a strong attention to detail
How To Apply