Full-time Breakthrough Action-Nigeria: Administrative Assistant I Recruitment
Breakthrough Action-Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
The Job : Administrative Assistant I
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Advert Code: ADMS160818
Reports to: Senior Administrative Officer II
- The Administrative Assistant I will be responsible for assisting the Senior Administrative Officer II and other members of the administrative team with day to day tasks related to project administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the general duties described above. Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Support the admin team with the implementation of procurement processes and procedures;
- Assist with coordinating transportation requests within the office;
- Assist with logistics arrangements for international staff/visitors;
- Assist with logistics for conferences, local travel, workshops and other activities;
- Manage staff monthly call credit and internet payments;
- Support the team with basic asset/inventory management;
- Support in the staff HMO registration and payment;
- Backstop for the receptionist;
- Introduce new hires to staff;
- Other duties as identified by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of HND/Bachelor’s degree
- 1 -2 years’ experience working with donor-funded projects in administrative related tasks
- Working experience with USAID funded project is an added advantage
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Packages
- Knowledge of basic administrative procedures.
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment
How To Apply
Applicants should send their Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) as one PDF document to: [email protected]
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions EXACTLY. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions EXACTLY will be discarded without review:
- Your cover letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary;
- Language skills. (Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- The subject line of your email should be the job title and the advert code e.g. “Administrative Assistant I ADMS160818” only. Entries with any other title format will be discarded.
- DO NOT include any additional certificates or documentation. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to provide Industry certifications.