Full-time Breakthrough Action-Nigeria: Administrative Officer I Recruitment
Breakthrough Action-Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
The Job : Administrative Officer I
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Advert Code: ADMO160818
Reports to: Senior Administrative Officer II
- The Administrative Officer I will work with other members the administrative team to provide efficient administrative support for all categories of staff and external stakeholders to provide administrative and logistics support in the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the overall task described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Work with the receptionist and office assistants to ensure office stationery is always available and stockouts are avoided;
- Support the admin team in updating and managing vendor contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- Maintain the records of Assets, Equipment for the office in line with the Assets recording system.
- Ensure that the assets that are issued to staff are authorized, recorded and necessary paper work exists as per the office/USAID policy.
- Undertake stock inventory and update stock report on a regular basis
- Assist in processing vendor and consultancy invoices;
- Assist with the management of project vehicles and drivers. Ensure drivers comply with safety rules and defensive driving techniques and reports;
- Ensure procurement of goods and services for the project are done according to USAID and institutional rules and regulations.
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions.
- Together with relevant staff ensure that travel & logistics, welfare and support needs of visiting guests to Nigeria and expatriates are met;
- Support in the maintenance and management of physical office space and project vehicles; including environmental cleaning, local transportation, maintenance office equipment and appliances and meeting staff office needs;
- Prepare relevant administrative reports when needed;
- Other duties as identified by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree/HND or higher in a relevant field (administration, social science, humanities, other). Minimum of 3 – 4 years’ experience on USAID funded project(s) in Nigeria. Health project expertise is highly valued.
How To Apply
Applicants should send their Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) as one PDF document to: [email protected]
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions EXACTLY. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions EXACTLY will be discarded without review:
- Your cover letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary;
- Language skills. (Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- The subject line of your email should be the job title and the advert code e.g. “Administrative Assistant I ADMS160818” only. Entries with any other title format will be discarded.
- DO NOT include any additional certificates or documentation. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to provide Industry certifications.