Full-time British American Tobacco Recruitment – Logistics Assistant
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
The Job : Logistics Assistant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- British American Tobacco is looking for a Logistics Assistant to join our team in Ibadan, Nigeria
- The main purpose of the role is to provide basic warehousing functions of receipts, storage and issuance of materials goods and to avoid damage or wastages in the process.
- Maintenance of proper storage of all company stocks in the warehouse, effective receipts of stocks and dispatch to external/internal customers
- Management of records in the warehouse in accordance with record management policy
- Ensure physical stock movement is posted in the system
- Ensure Self Development by improving own knowledge of the other roles in the department.
- Minimize cost of warehousing through effective use of resources
- Ensure good housekeeping in the warehouse at all times
- Ensure that accurate daily stock reports are sent out to all stakeholders on time
- Maintain good working relationships across the supply chain, SMD (Secondary Manufacturing Department), QA (Quality Assurance) and ENG (Engineering) departments
- Maintain good working relationship with our external suppliers
- Provide ways of ensuring warehouse process are adhered to with less difficulty
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the warehouse processes.
- A minimum of OND in any numerical or financial courses. In addition to this, a good knowledge of computer and SAP will be an advantage.
- Good inter-personal communication skills.
- Computer literacy sufficient to be able to perform all physical transactions in the system and sending of daily reports.
- Maximum of 3 years of experience, preferably in an FMCG, handling large number of SKUs
- Experience in use of material handling equipment e.g. forklift, Reach trucks etc.
How To Apply