Full-time BUA Group: GIS Surveyor Recruitment
BUA Group started business in 1988 as a Private Limited Liability Company specializing in the importation and marketing of iron & steel, agricultural and industrial chemicals. Since then it has rapidly developed into a fully-fledged, diversified business with a stake in a wide range of business sectors.
The Job : GIS Surveyor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lafiagi, Kwara, Nigeria
- Responsible for obtaining data on distance, angles, elevations, points, and contours by using total station, GPS, GIS, Digital plane table, Theodolite, Electronic distance measuring equipment and other surveying instruments process
Role Overview and Responsibilities
- Conduct physical site surveys using GIS, GPS and other equipment and tools.
- Prepare sketches and notes, and perform electronic data collection.
- Coordinate field staff and process field data.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations.
- Calculate areas of land parcels and easements using mathematics and computer software.
- Research previous survey evidence, including maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records to obtain data needed for surveys.
- BSc/BTech/HND in Survey Engineering & Geo Informatics or its equivalent.
- 10 years experience in land surveying with a minimum of 7 years in the Sugarcane industry.
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge AutoCAD.
- Strong knowledge in application of land survey equipment.
- Strong knowledge in GPS, GIS and computer survey applications like Surfer.
- Good experience in RS and satellite imaging interpretation.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] Please indicate the position in the subject of your application.
Qualified candidates that meet the specified criteria for each role are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.