Full-time Bursar Recruitment at the University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED)
The University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) in Ondo State, Nigeria: As the first specialized University of Medical Sciences in Nigeria, its mandate is to advance high level excellence through teaching, innovative research, and service delivery in all health sciences disciplines.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Bursar
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ondo, Nigeria
- The Bursar shall be the Head of the Bursary Department of the University. The candidate for this position is expected to plan, organize, direct and coordinate the operations of the financial system of the University.
- He/She shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-today financial administration of the University.
- Applicants for the post of University Bursar must have, in the past, exhibited considerable degree of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable integrity and transparency on matters of Bursary/financial administration and management.
- The candidate must be in good health and able to endure the rigour of the duties of the University Bursar.
- Also, applicants must possess the following qualities: vision, proven academic distinctions, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life.
- In addition, candidates should be able to develop linkages with the external communities to support the emerging needs of the University, command respect. cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the University.
- Applicants must show innovative approaches to the running of an ICT driven Bursary, working at the highest level of efficiency to promote and sustain a vibrant Bursary and eliminate time wasting, bureaucracy, bottlenecks and fraud.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidate must possess a B.Sc. degree (Hons) in Accounting with at least Second Class (Lower Division) plus MBA or M.Sc. in relevant discipline from a recognized University.
- In addition, candidate must be a full member of a recognized professional accounting body such as ICAN, ACCA, ACMA, CPA or ANAN.
- The candidate must have at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience in a University system or comparable Institution of higher learning, five (5) of which must have been at a Management position.
- Furthermore, he or she must have attained the position of a Deputy Bursar in a University’s Bursary Department or equivalent Institution.
- Computer literacy is mandatory.
- Intending applicant should not be more than sixty (60) years of age by October 1, 2019.
- The successful candidate shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of a University Bursar of Public Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the State Government and the University Governing Council as appropriate.
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications with twenty (20) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) along with the vision for the position, providing information on the following:
- Full name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Email Address(s)
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of Children
- Permanent Home Address Phone Numbers
- Degrees (including dates/class and institutions) and/or any other qualifications and
- distinctions (Photocopies of Certificates to be attached).
- Statement of Experience including full details of former and present posts.
- List of Publications.
- Current Research
- Other Activities outside Current Employment
- Extra-Curricular activities
- Proposed date of availability for Duties, if appointed. Any other relevant information.
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with envelope marked “Post of University Bursar, UNIMED” and addressed to:
The Acting Registrar and Secretary to Council,
University of Medical Sciences,
Laje Road, Ondo City,
- The candidate should also state in clear terms of not more than 500 words, his/her vision statement for the University in the next five years with particular reference to administration, control and innovations in the University Bursary.
- In addition to stating the names and addresses of three (3) referees, applicants should request their referees to forward references on their behalf directly to the Acting Registrar and Secretary to Council via the address above