Full-time Bursars Recruitment at National Board for Technical Education (NBTE)
National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) – The President and Commander in-Chief of the armed forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria had assented to the bill for the establishment of two new Federal Polytechnics: Federal Polytechnic Daura, Katsina State and Federal Polytechnic Kaltungo, Gombe State.
Consequent upon this development, the Honourable Minister of Education approved the advertisement of the post of Rectors for the two Institutions. Accordingly, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
The Job : Bursars
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Katsina, Gombe, Nigeria
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic. He/She is the Chief Financial Officer of the Polytechnic and is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the Institution.
Qualifications, Experiences and Qualities
- A candidate for the post should be resourceful and conversant with current Federal Government Financial Rules and Regulations.
- He/She should be honest, accountable, transparent and capable of providing sound leadership in financial management and administration with high sense of integrity.
- A candidate must have a good Honours Degree/HND in Accountancy or Finance from a recognized Institution of Higher Learning with at least 18 years post qualification cognate experience or Master’s Degree with at least 15 years Accounting experience preferably in a Polytechnic or similar Institution
- The applicant must not be below the rank of Chief Accountant and should possesses any of the following professionally recognized accounting qualifications:- ICAN, ANAN, ACCA or recognized equivalent.
- Candidates must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) skills and packages.
- Candidate must not be above fifty nine (59) years of age at the time of taking up the appointment.
Terms of Appointment and Condition of Service
The appointment is for a single tenure of five (5) years. Candidate will be entitled to the privileges and benefits specified in the terms and conditions of service for the Bursar of Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria as approved by the National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission.
Application Closing Date
4th November, 2019.
How To Apply
- Name in full name (Surname in Capital Letters);
- Date and place of Birth;
- State of Origin;
- Marital Status;
- Number and ages of Children;
- Present appointment with dates and salary;
- Current Contact Address with Telephone Number and e-mail address;
- Permanent home address;
- Educational Institutions attended with dates;
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with dates;
- Membership of Professional Association/Bodies;
- Community Service;
- Vision Statement/Proposal on making the Registry meets its objectives;
- Extra Curriculum Activities;
- Names and Address of three (3) referees (Applicants should request the referees to send confidential reports on them directly to the Executive Secretary) marked ‘Referee Report for the post of Bursar’ Federal Polytechnic Daura or Federal Polytechnic Kaltungo (as the case maybe).
Applications with curriculum vitae and copies of all relevant credentials should be forwarded either by hand or post and should be marked at the top left hand corner of the envelop ‘The Polytechnic Bursar Daura or The Polytechnic Bursar Kaltungo’ (as case may be) to:
The Executive Secretary,
National Board for Technical Education,
Plot ‘B’ Bida Road,
Note: Late application will not be entertained and only short-listed candidates be contacted.