Full-time Business Development Manager (ARM Investment Manager) at ARM Life Plc
ARM is a leading group of companies situated in Nigeria with branches scattered across the country. ARM Life is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
The Job : Business Development Manager (ARM Investment Manager)
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- The Position Holder is responsible for acquiring and maintaining high-value business relationships across focus market segments of institutional, High Net-worth Individuals (HNIs), and mass-affluent segments through the provision of superior investment advice to clientele, optimal structuring of their portfolio to meet both their short to long-term objectives, with the aim of driving FUM growth, achieving set business targets, and overall client satisfaction.
- Strategic Initiatives Responsible for supporting the implementation of strategic initiatives that sustain / improve the organization’s competitive advantage within its operating environment.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as prescribed by Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities
- Business Development Development of business prospects across the company’s entire spectrum of the company’s target segments, by undertaking the initiation and development of business proposals and aggressive sales pitching for business solicitation from existing and prospective customers.
- Strategic Account Acquisition Aggressive identification, prioritizing, and management of corporate relationships with strategic partners that have sufficient reach to provide business development results for the business
- Sales Reporting Prepare periodic and adhoc reports showing trends, and current state of managed portfolio of funds under management, sales projections, as well as key lessons learnt.
- Monitoring of Macro-economic Trends Continuously monitor developments in the macro-economic environment in general and in the financial service sector in particular with a view to taking advantage of the emerging opportunities and minimize the potential threats to our business e.g. changes in clients’ needs and values, competitor activities, regulatory changes, tax laws etc.
- Applying advanced knowledge of financial products, services, and strategies to provide a holistic advice. The financial products include traditional and non-traditional investment such as:
- Diversified Array of Mutual funds
- Local & Offshore Equities and Fixed Income Investments
- Customized Portfolio Management Services
- Specialized Funds i.e Private Equity, Hospitality and Retail & Infrastructure Funds
- Real Estate Fund & Direct Real Estate Investments (Retail to Upscale)
- Conducting comprehensive reviews to analyze financial data and provide recommendations for modifications based on client’s risk tolerance, goals, objectives and individual preferences.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years of professional working experience in the financial service industry
- Relevant experience in Investment/Wealth Management or Financial Services
- Strong business acumen to be able to recognize and interpret commercial opportunities
- Must have demonstrated ability to create sales/relationship opportunities with clients, prospects and consultants within the institutional segment
- Must have excellent presentation skills and in-depth product and broad investment knowledge
- Familiarity and existing relationships with local and offshore institutional mandates.
- Ability to quickly comprehend and filter complex information. This is often required within a short timeframe, as clients will generally look to you for input on a wide range of topics, some of which will be time-sensitive and may be confidential.
How To Apply