Full-time Recruut Nigeria: Business Development Manager (Oil & Gas) Vacancy
The company is a leading Shipping and Logistics establishment with headquarters in Nigeria and global offices in: China, U.S and Belgium. Following its rapid growth and continuous global expansion since its inception a decade ago, the company has built a reputation for offering solutions-driven and value-adding shipping and logistics services to various clients locally and globally.
The company has two main divisions: first, providing international Freight Forwarding and Logistics Services with functional expertise in: Air & Sea Freight, Warehousing & Distribution, Packing & Removal, Customs Clearance, LCL Consolidation, Trucking Services. The second division, provides Oil & Gas Project Logistics, Heavy Lift Haulage and out of gauge Cargo Handling among others. The company strategy is hinged on: Investing in its human capital and service quality, while upholding globally accepted standards of doing business.
TRACE-certified and positioning to become a trusted African brand in its businesses, the company is in the process of implementing a 10-year business growth and expansion drive that will propel it into its vision.
The Job : Business Development Manager (Oil & Gas)
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Opened to an experienced and goal-driven business manager who will lead the Oil & Gas division of the company. As a member of the executive team, the manager will oversee: Industry, organizational, financial, operational and project management functions of the division.
- The prospect is required to bring along in-depth industry knowledge and functional skill in oil and gas logistics, especially in any combination of the following: Marine Logistics, Ship Chandelling, Drilling Rig Moves, Air Charter, Free Zone Handling, Project Logistics, Heavy Duty Haulage and Cargo Lift, Marine Equipment Hire and Procurement, Repair and Return, Crude Oil & Gas Export Logistics, Temporary Import Permit Handling and Airport Protocol.
- Knowledge and expertise in freight forwarding (Air and Sea) will be desirable.
- The manager will be required to strengthen the company’s oil and gas business, while prospecting and delivering new business for the division.
- Will be responsible for planning and forecasting operational requirements, establishing and monitoring progress of projects against key performance indicators for the business units.
Our Ideal Candidate will be expected to:
- Develop and execute short and long term strategies to meet the corporate revenue and profit objectives.
- Plan and forecast operational requirements for the Oil & Gas division.
- Conceptualize and develop commercially viable solutions that may be offered as advisory and/or executed services to clients in the industry.
- Develop and manage the sales pipeline of the business to ensure goals set are achieved.
- Supervise and provide leadership to the team in line with the company’s corporate values.
- Establish and monitor progress against key performance indicators for the business units
Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain regular contact with subordinates to ensure smooth operations and compliance with industry standard, customs regulations and other required regulations / laws.
- Provide leadership in strategic business planning & implementation for the entire Oil & Gas division in line with the strategy of the group company.
- Liaise with HR to identify the gaps/needs of the team to improve capabilities and performance.
- Explore all possible opportunities such as seminars, conferences to increase and build a larger network and new opportunities for the company.
- Continually contribute to the success of the company by highlighting opportunities within the market and industry. This will include contributing to the sales/business development of the entire division.
- Manage the entire team towards achieving their set goals and targets
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience, with at experience in oil and gas industry
- Experience in providing Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) management services to the oil majors in Nigeria is critical.
- Experience in engaging/managing the various regulators in the Oil & Gas Industry and their requirements for obtaining licenses, approvals, and other project-related documentation.
- Experience in initiating and managing corporate sales pipelines in the oil and gas logistics industry is required.
- Ability to conceptualize and develop commercially viable solutions that may be offered as advisory and/or executed services to clients in the industry.
- An understanding and/or experience in Contract planning – preparation and review of bids, negotiations, and compilation – to ensure conformity with tender requirements is required.
- An MBA from a leading University or MSc. in a social science discipline, will be an advantage.
- Relevant professional qualification(s) such as HSE/PMP/Prince2.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Individuals that have served or been mentored by transformational leaders are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply