Contract Center for Civilians in Conflict: Program Associate – Consultant Recruitment
Center for Civilians in Conflict is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protections for civilians caught in conflict zones. Our mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond civilian harm. We are advocates who believe that no civilian caught in conflict should be ignored, and advisors who provide practical solutions to preventing and responding to civilian harm.
The Job : Program Associate – Consultant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Travel: Up to 40% required (domestic)
Reporting to: Senior Advisor Programs and Senior Training Advisor
Staff Reporting: N/A
- CIVIC is seeking suitably qualified applicants for the position of Field Program Assistant, Maiduguri based who will be part of the CIVIC Nigeria program team.
- This is a full-time consultancy, funded by DFID until the end of March 2019 but renewable.
- This position is funded as part of the DFID Conflict Management and Stabilization Programme in North Eastern Nigeria.This is a contract position with possibility of extension.
- Provide program administrative support and logistics towards the smooth operation of relevant training and stakeholder engagement processes in Borno.
- Program support responsibilities
- Assist the programs team with the planning and organizing of trainings/workshops, including through making travel, accommodation and other logistics arrangements.
- Assist in setting up meetings with protection committees.
- Keep track of project expenses and purchase receipts.
- Takes notes of all activities, writes activity reports and shares with colleagues for finalization.
- Proposal assistance: copying, editing, formatting and distribution; takes part in proposal meetings and keeps relevant notes.
- Do data entry to support CIVIC’s M&E Initiatives.
- Ensure proper and accurate filing of documents.
- Support social media promotion of CIVIC’s activities.
- Provide other administrative and operations support.
- Provide logistical support to Nigeria Country Operations Manager (as required): arranging domestic travel including flights, procurement responsibilities as advised by line Manager, hotels and local transportation.
- Provide administrative assistance: meeting and scheduling support—finding suitable times, making reservations, confirming arrangements.
- Provide clerical assistance: formatting, possible editing, printing, drafting and mailing correspondence.
- Attend coordination meetings on behalf of CIVIC.
Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree in any Arts, Sciences or Social Sciences subject
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant full-time work experience
- Demonstrated strong work ethic
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Written and oral communication skills (English). Hausa and Kanuri strongly desired.
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proven administration skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Able to work independently and show initiative
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and engage with people at all levels
- Passion for CIVIC’s subject matter and willingness to take on the responsibilities and duties as a key member of our team; and
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Commensurate with experience.
How To Apply