Full-time Channels Television: Business Producer Vacancy
Channels Television is one of the 13 independent television stations currently broadcasting in Nigeria, since the Federal Government deregulated the broadcast media in 1992.
The Company was licensed in June 1993 and allocated a frequency on UHF (channel 39). It began transmission two years later under the name Channels Television and now broadcasts to a well discerning audience of over 20 million people.
The establishment of Channels Television as a news station was in response to the yearning of Nigerians for a TV station that will among other things:
We are working with BBC to co-produce a lively, weekly current affairs Programme for Nigerian audiences. It will feature an in depth look at strong African stories, look at issues that touch the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad, deliver original storytelling and hard-hitting studio discussions and interviews.
The Job : Business Producer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
We are looking for a highly qualified, experienced and creative Editorial Business Producer to join our service at the Headquarters in Lagos.
We are committed to building a multi-talented workforce and therefore strongly encourage a wide range of applications from relevant individuals in the Media and Business industry. Equal Employment Opportunity is top on our corporate values, regardless of background.
Are you that candidate with the right attitude and exceptional qualities we are looking for, who will effortlessly match competence and experience with our mission, core values and work ethics? Please proceed to read the requirements below:
- Responsible for the production of daily Business News and Business Programmes, which includes in-depth research and writing business topics for Business Programmes, selecting, booking, arranging, and conducting interviews for broadcasts setting up the look and feel and Graphics design of scheduled shows.
- Design subject(s)/topics of discussion, drawing up and preparing the main and sub-theme(s), sourcing and managing guests for the shows.
- Ensuring all content inserts for Programmes are edited and ready in advance,
- Work with the Business Production Desk, Write and update stories, News Bars and Slides for TV and the Website.
- Mechanize scripts, previewing materials, scripting and sourcing for broadcast materials, edit reports.
- Take up on the field assignments, cut out track-ups and write intros occasionally for the news.
- Collect and analyze relevant background information related to stories in order to provide complete and accurate information and facts about news, events, etc. by interview, investigation, or observation.
- Review and evaluate notes taken about events aspects in order to isolate pertinent facts and details.
- Generate original hard and soft new stories about business and the economy.
- Develop, report and write stories and work with the Business Desk to create business news stories.
- Work with Non-Linear Editors to edit visuals and produce reports.
- Work with other Business Producers on the Business Desk.
- Must have a University Degree (B.A./BSc.) preferably in Mass Communication or qualification in business related field.
- Post Graduate Degree/Master’s Degree (M.BA/M.Sc) is an added advantage.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years work experience in this field.
- Must be experienced in television broadcast.
- Must have a good understanding and be abreast of the financial markets and state of the economy and must be comfortable with statistics/data, etc.
- Strong professional ability, dexterity, and agility.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Eligible candidates applying for this position must be able to live and work in Lagos.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should please send CV and credentials detailing your skills, experience and interests, and a show reel or portfolio of your work with a covering letter outlining your suitability for this position to [email protected]
Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted and contacted.