Chemonics International: Tuberculosis (TB) Logistics Advisor Vacancy
Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
The Job : Tuberculosis (TB) Logistics Advisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the TB Logistics Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
The TB Advisor will support the GHSC-PSM Tuberculosis Logistics Team under the overall guidance of the Lab Logistics Director to provide hands-on support to health facilities, States, and Federal Ministry of Health Agencies through their Logistics Management Coordination Units (LMCUs) and at the Central level. In collaboration with the Lab Logistics Manager, Regional Managers, s/he will support Health Facilities, the providing lab services, implementing partners, Global Fund-supported partners and other stakeholders in defined location on supply chain-related activities to enhance data visibility and information sharing.
- The Tuberculosis Logistics Advisor will report directly to the TB Logistics Manager
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Serve as a technical resource for the implementation and administration of lab logistics policies, systems, goals, objectives and procedures.
- Provides support in the collection of laboratory logistics data using national HIV/AIDS and TB laboratory logistics tools that can inform resupplies, quantification, funding and procurement decisions.
- Build and maintain a database of equipment platform and work with vendors to provide preventive maintenance and services to PCR machines.
- Provides technical support to the GHSC-PSM cold chain assessment, warehousing and distribution activities to support service delivery.
- In liaison with the supervisor, provides technical support to the Government and partners on product specifications and selection to inform quantification and procurement of laboratory commodities.
- Provides technical assistance to the stakeholders on Integrated Samples Transfer/Referral system to optimize the laboratory equipment harmonization and standardization.
- Good working knowledge of the GeneXpert for TB detection
- Provides technical assistant for the update of the standardized list of laboratory equipment for each level of the national health pyramid.
- Supports the process of post-market validation of HIV rapid test kits and other laboratory products as appropriate, based on the guidance of the national programs and USG team.
- Provide support to ensure that expired or unusable chemicals and reagents are separated from active stock and treated following appropriate procedures.
- Support training/mentoring of health facility staff in the use and application of the LMIS tools for the collection of HIV and TB logistics data
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Laboratory Logistics System or his/her designate.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Public Health, Logistics Management, or its equivalent.
- Registered with the professional regulatory government agency
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in HIV/TB related environment
- Understanding of the USG supported HIV, TB and Malaria laboratory system strengthening
- Knowledge of Polymerase Chain Reaction equipment for viral load and Early Infants’ Diagnosis, and GeneXpert machine is desirable
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite packages (Xcel, words, power point) is a requirement
- Show a keen interest in learning and making a career in logistic management of health commodities is desirable and ability to learn and be mentored.
- Ability to work as a team member.
How To Apply