Full-time Clerk – Reservations at Marriott International
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Clerk – Reservations
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Number: 18002IC0
Location: Abuja (Sheraton Abuja Hotel)
Job Category: Reservations
- Process all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by phone, fax, or mail. Identify guest reservation needs and determine appropriate room type.
- Verify availability of room type and rate.
- Explain guarantee, special rate, and cancellation policies to callers.
- Accommodate and document special requests.
- Answer questions about property facilities/services and room accommodations.
- Follow sales techniques to maximize revenue.
- Input and access data in reservation system.
- Indicate special room reservation types (e.g., complimentary rooms, employee discounts, travel agent inspection rates, and wholesale reservations) by inputting the correct code and rate into the reservation system.
- Follow proper escalation procedures when addressing guest concerns.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets; protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
How To Apply