Full-time Cluster Legal & Claims Manager and Corporate Affairs Manager at Maersk Line
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential.
The Job : Cluster Legal & Claims Manager and Corporate Affairs Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Reporting to the Africa Legal and Compliance Manager with dotted reporting lines to the CWA Cluster Finance Manager, the Cluster Legal & Claims Manager and Corporate Affairs Manager will be responsible for ensuring Legal Compliance within the cluster as well as Leading the Maersk Nigeria Limited Procurement and Admin team.
Legal & Contracts:
- Researching and advising on local and international law issues and relevant legislation affecting the agencies in the cluster.
- Managing litigation portfolio and supervision of external legal counsel and other professional advisers as necessary and managing the associated costs.
- Overseeing litigation portfolio in the daughter countries (DC) and providing guidance to Legal & Claims officers in DC to ensure legal costs are optimized.
- Ensure that the P&I Club is notified on any matter (writs) in the cluster before referring to External Solicitors, follow up on all matters and provide assistance/information needed until the conclusion of such matters.
- Managing systems and processes to ensure efficiency in the administration of the legal function
- Act as legal business partner by providing legal advisory support on corporate and legal issues to Cluster Management, all functions in the cluster. Legal advisory support to the Management and organization at all levels on a variety of corporate and legal issues.
- Act as the key corporate secretarial support within Maersk Nigeria Limited for the Senior Management and the Statutory Meetings.
- Ensuring that any contractual and legal matters affecting the Agencies in the cluster are properly addressed.
- Investigation, handling, documentation and recovery of claims filed against and by the company in Nigeria.
- Develop cluster claims guidelines and ensure best practice sharing within the Cluster in terms of service recovery and legal processes.
- Training and education of new and old employees on claims handling processes.
- Work in close collaboration with Centre and Regional legal team to ensure effective & efficient handling of claims & legal matters in the cluster.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate insurance cover, insurance policy monitoring, premium calculation /processing (for payment) and handling insurance claims.
- Relationship management with the Company’s insurance brokers and insurance companies.
- Responsible for the preparation and provision of the board file and AGM file for the Company’s statutory meetings to the board members and/or shareholders.
- Proactive management on corporate governance and statutory compliance administration.
- Supervision of the procurement and admin functions.
We are looking for:
- Minimum Bachelor degree holder in Law.
- Minimum 7 years’ relevant experience. Industry experience is an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
- Experience as ‘Leader of Others’ and with a proven track-record of developing and coaching direct reports.
- Attentive to details and results-oriented.
- Has a good sense of urgency with strong capabilities to work with tight deadlines.
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Solutions mindset.
- High degree of initiative, a self-starter,
- Comfortable building relationships.
- Assertive with Good interpersonal skills
- A rewarding and challenging opportunity where you can demonstrate technical Corporate Affairs, Legal & claims expertise, knowledge of local statutory and tax regulations, commercial acumen, communication skills as well as prioritisation and planning skills in a high-performing, dynamic, exciting cluster within Maersk Line.
- You will join a truly international environment and work with a professional and competent team where you will be able to learn best practice, acquire diverse stakeholder management skills and gain hands-on experience and management exposure for further career advancement within the organisation.
How To Apply