Full-time Construction Health and Safety Officer at Dangote Group
The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
The Job : Construction Health and Safety Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Fuction/Domain: Constructions (CONS)
- The H&S Officer is an integral part of the Project Site HSE structure.
- He/ She will support the HSE Manager to achieve the HSE vision for the Project; The incumbent will enforce compliance and will have extensive interface with Project operations teams and other internal stakeholders.
- Develop, review and update Project H&S plans and SOPs;
- Monitor changes to H&S legislation and report these to the Project teams;
- Work with the Project in improving H&S targets and relevant leading and lagging H&S KPIs and monitor progress of Project in achieving targets;
- Provide advice to Project management, enhancing awareness of H&S issues likely to have material H&S risk to the Project;
- Assist in identifying training needs and provide relevant training interventions;
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- Excellent technical capabilities as well as strong knowledge of Construction H&S
- Possess a style of clear and effective communication, both oral and written.
- Able to differentiate between negligible H&S issues and issues of possible material impact and escalation triggers.
- Negotiation/dispute mitigation skill as well as good presentation skills.+5 years’ operational experience in Heavy Engineering Construction or Oil & Gas Manufacturing Industry and /or Chemical (preferred) including rele
How To Apply