Full-time Consultant – Petroleum Asset Excellence (PAX) Upstream at McKinsey & Company
McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm that serves private and public companies, governments, not-for-profits and non-governmental organizations. We have 30 industry and functional practices and six new client service areas, including McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey Implementation.
The Job : Consultant – Petroleum Asset Excellence (PAX) Upstream
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
What You’ll Do
- You will apply your industry experience to support clients and provide expertise and support to our client teams.
- In this role you will work as a team member for specific client (Oil & Gas) operations, transformation and improvement programs with direct contact to key members of client organizations. You will provide analytical support to teams through the development and application of our proprietary Oil & Gas models.
- Additionally, you’ll work closely with client executives, traditional McKinsey client service teams (CSTs), and sector teams to develop recommendations based on the findings and ultimately drive implementation and change.
- You will participate in, and at times lead, key internal knowledge-building initiatives as well as conferences and client workshops.
Who You’ll Work With
- You will be based out of our Lagos office and will be part of the Petroleum Asset eXcellence (PAX) unit within McKinsey’s Oil & Gas practice.
- Your work will directly contribute to increasing the value of Upstream assets and turnaround operational performance. McKinsey’s renowned advisory, combined with specialized expertise in reservoir / well management, drilling, production optimization, onshore / offshore operations and asset management, allows PAX to integrate with the existing asset team to address current business and performance challenges – to maximize and realize the intrinsic value of the asset, whilst improving capabilities and sustaining change.
- You will be at the forefront of PAX’s expansion into Africa, following the successful entry in the Americas, Asia and Europe.
- Undergraduate degree preferably in Engineering or closely related specialty; Master’s degree / PhD extremely advantageous
- 7+ years of experience working within an Oil & Gas company, either at an operator or service provider/OFSC Upstream focused (e.g., reservoir engineering, production optimization, drilling, completions, well intervention & services and facilities)
- Strong business insight, impressive career development, and outstanding performance track record
- Proven track record of participating in or leading successful change management projects, with a focus on capability building
- Experience participating in or leading an operational improvement projects
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills are required
How To Apply