Full-time Corporate Services HR Officer at The British High Commission
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
The Job : Corporate Services HR Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Main Purpose of Job
- The Corporate Services HR Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Corporate Services Lagos.
- The candidate will assist the Corporate Services Team in Lagos, effectively and efficiently managing day to day HR functions in line with the HR Operating Procedures.
- The Corporate Services HR Officer will be responsible and accountable for delivering high quality customer service as well as provide appropriate and swift administrative business support.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To collect detailed staff information from employees so payroll checks can be accurately calculated, distributed and deposited.
- Day to day HR administration of post HR Functions as defined in Regional Operating Procedures
- Meeting all payroll deadlines and delivery.
- Maintain third party relationships with our external service providers e.g. Health Management Organizations, Life Assurance Broker, Pension Fund Administration
- Signpost staff to Hub for response to HR enquires
- Organize logistics for HR related training events and induction days.
- Act as L&D champion at post.
- Keep track of spend on L&D budget. Hold Government Procurement Card to manage L&D spend where necessary
- Provide support for all other Corporate Services functions including supporting the Corporate Services Team to meet tasks as required.
- Willing to perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Corporate Services Managers or Heads of the department.
- To perform all duties according to the standards set out by Corporate Services Charter.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Microsoft office word and basic excel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and initiative
- Good customer service skills coupled with an ability to handle difficult customers
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organising skills
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Payroll experience
- Basic finance processes experience
- Events coordination experience
- Language: English
- Level of language required: Excellent Spoken and Written
- Seeing the Big Picture, Leading and Communicating, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Other Benefits and Conditions of Employment
Learning and development opportunities:
- Mandatory e-learning
- Access to job shadowing
- Access to L&D budget
Starting Monthly Salary
How To Apply