Full-time Creative Associates International: Hausa Advisor Recruitment
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Job : Hausa Advisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Ref.: HAUSA01627
- The seven-year PLANE project, funded by the Department for International Development (DfID), is a flagship basic education programme to be implemented in Nigeria starting next year. The Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria (PLANE) project will directly support improved learning of foundational skills for children in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa states and indirectly benefit children in those states and nationally, to enable better learning outcomes including for marginalized groups of children.
- Creative is seeking a Hausa Advisor to provide overall technical oversight and guidance to the project to improve reading instruction in local language.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position is housed in Abuja, Nigeria, reporting to the Leading for Results Lead.
- Supervise the production of all project-supported reading material, all project-supported trainings in reading, all teacher and classroom supervision and monitoring and all student testing efforts;
- Ensure complementarity of activity approaches in reading across the project activity states,
- Liaise with government representatives and technicians on technical matters and bear ultimate responsibility for ensuring that children in project schools achieve improved outcomes in reading; and
- Work directly with a Hausa language expert (particularly if the advisor is not conversant and fluent in written and spoken Hausa).
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Education, preferably with a specialty in early grade reading;
- At least six (6) years of experience in programs in sub-Saharan Africa that work specifically to improve early grade reading;
- Prior experience with the development of early grade reading materials, training programs, classroom monitoring protocols, and tests and assessments, including EGRA;
- Prior experience with supporting civil-society based monitoring of reading outcomes;
- Professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; and
- Fluency in written Hausa is preferred but not required.
How To Apply