Full-time Customer Service Agent at Maersk Line
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.
The Job : Customer Service Agent
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Reporting to the Ocean Customer Service Manager, the Customer Service Agent will be responsible for owning/managing the customer experience of his/her customers by proactively identifying issues & building relationships to the mutual benefit of the customer and Maersk.
- Have more Customer’s business Acumen and ability to know what factors drives the decision making.
- Understanding of external factors impacting Customer’s supply Chain & understand their sense of urgency, service needs, drivers and desires.
- Ability to align with customer expectations upfront & to be able to respond with suggested solutions
- Be the primary point of contact for own customers and ensure smooth execution of the end-to-end shipment lifecycle, by working closely with the customer as well as internal stakeholders.
- Proactively track shipments and notify customers of relevant deviations from the transport plan, including potential solutions or alternatives.
- Together with One teams, own customer issues and engage relevant stakeholders as required to facilitate timely and effective solutions.
- Be fully responsible for customer satisfaction across Maersk product offering (own customers).
- Willingness to go the extra mile towards the customers & with focus on providing solutions.
- In general, actively seek out and act on continuous improvement opportunities both in relation to customers and internal / external stakeholders
We are looking for:
- Minimum B.Sc or Master’s Degree /MBA in Marketing, Sales or Business-related course
- Minimum 2 years customer service or sales experience.
- Experience in shipping/logistics industry will be preferred but not compulsory. Must be willing to learn fast
- Proficient use (above average skill) in the use of Microsoft office tools i.e. excel, word and power point etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Passion for Customer Service.
- Pro-active person with a service oriented mindset.
- Dedicated, Decisive and result orientated with a can-do attitude.
- Likes to get it right the first time and can look ahead to avoid issues from happening.
- Able to work under pressure while keeping quality in focus.
- Comfortable with Change Management and capable of delivering high quality before, during and after transformation.
- Good process understanding and digital proficiency.
- Comfortable with working with multiple items at the same time whilst keeping quality in focus.
- Well organized, efficient and effective.
- An excellent team player.
- Good moral compass and ability to work the Company’s values.
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
- At Maersk, you’ll be part of a global team motivated by bringing food and commodities to people in every corner of the world. We do this through close partnerships with our valued customers, who trade everything from seafood and fruits, to clothes, electronics and cars! No matter our role in the Region our end goal is to simplify the lives of our customers. This is done through seamless processes, best in class digital solutions, and great customer service! So, we offer:
- Results orientation
- Improved commercial and leadership capabilities
- Interaction within broader Area for best practice sharing
- Creating network within the global organization
- Understand market and customer drivers
- Improve understanding of how best to generate profit for Maersk
- Moreover, you will expand your customer network and enrich your market and product knowledge while enhancing the Maersk’s leadership position and contributing to the continuous success of the Maersk Nigeria organization.
How To Apply