Full-time Customer Service & Logistics Manager West Africa at Mondelez International LLC – Cadbury Nigeria Plc
Mondelez International LLC is a whole new company that has been re-imagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, Mondelez International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
The Job : Customer Service & Logistics Manager West Africa
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Number: 1900159
Job: CS&L Management
Position Purpose Statement
- A brief but complete statement describing why the position exists.
- Leads all activities on a country level that influences the ability to service our customers in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- This includes activities related to demand planning, replenishment and deployment of finished goods, delivery of goods to customers and working closely with our customers to optimise the end to end supply chain.
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Key statements which describe the major accountabilities or responsibilities and the expected end result (Listed in order of importance):
- Drive integration of the supply chain by aligning product sourcing, logistics operations, customer service, using defined methods and applications.
- Drive smooth co-operation with Marketing, Finance, Sales and Manufacturing in order to deliver the business goals and high level of customer service.
- Develop, recommend and implement local strategies and plans for supply chain development to meet current and future business and customers’ needs, as well as the cost and productivity targets. Ensure operation controls and compliance.
- Establish communication channels across the business unit and various functions in order to ensure proper information flow and on time projects execution.
- Define and manage finished goods inventory levels to ensure high goods availability and low waste of finish goods as well as raw and pack materials
- Jointly own the local IBP process with the country GM to ensure accuracy of demand and distribution planning.
- Manage and develop CS&L team to ensure its competencies are aligned with the Organisation needs.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Language Requirements:
- University Degree
- Knowledge in Supply Chain strategies and executions, knowledge in Sales Strategies development as well as operation
- Good understanding of finance flow development and information systems configurations.
- Knowledge of SAP – OTC and APO
- Strategic agility
- Outstanding people management skills; ability to lead, guide and motivate and develop a team
- Cross-functional experience, especially in Sales and Finance, would be an asset.
- 10-12 years of experience in Supply Chain, Logistics and/or Customer Service management experience, ideally with an FMCG company.
- People / conflict management experience
- A succinct but comprehensive set of statements designed to provide a clear understanding about the complexities of the internal (company) and external (marketplace) environments in which the position operates.
- Examples of external complexity factors: economic environment; competitive market conditions; trade structure; social/political/labour structures and environments; corporate affairs/mass media environment; technological environment; etc…
- Sales within Traditional trade, Local Modern Trade and International Accounts channels across diverse categories.
- Keeping abreast of category issues that may arise.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to ensure alignment to business goals
- Balancing conflicting agendas for maximum profitability (COT vs Customer profitability)
- Legislative and economic fluctuations that influence sales within Traditional trade channels
- The effect of commodity prices and inflation on Traditional trade markets
- Lack of barrier to entry into channel leading to a large number of competitors with lower priced products competing in a market
- Weak economy leading to high levels of unemployment and therefore influencing the sales target achievement across channels
- Complex route-to-market across a vast geographic landscape.
- All pertinent statistics related to the position, which gives a clear picture of the size of the operation the position manages, influences or supports, and the magnitude (monetary measures, numbers of staff, etc.).
- An organization chart, which clearly shows two reporting levels above and two reporting levels below (if applicable), including peer positions.
A description of the basic purpose/scope of each direct report.
- Position Title of Direct Report Basic Purpose/Scope
- Logistics Operations Manager Manages all activities related to the warehousing and the distribution of our finished goods.
- Demand Planning Manager Manages the long and short-term demand of finished goods to ensure delivery of the demand plan and achievement of operational and commercial targets..
- CS OTC Manager Manages OTC End to End Service quality coordinate and manage country Customer Service & Finance Specialists; provide recommendations and outcomes that will enhance key management, organizational performance of local organization; ensure customer satisfaction with ultimate accountability.
How To Apply