Cv Submission at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
The Job :Import and Exports Coordinator – West Africa
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Requisition ID: WD189783
Position: Full time
Functional area: Supply Chain & Logistics
- The role support the CS& L manager to manage the imports & exports activities, being the central link between GSK & third party suppliers between sites & other sources & aim to deliver exceptional service, cost performance and efficiencies.
- The Role holder will also manage the 3rd Party Logistics partners to understand, predict and enhance supply and logistics processes and eliminate non-value-add work. The incumbent will also identify, propose, and implements agreed joint value projects / actions which will lead to improved, reliable and efficient service levels at the lowest freight cost and complexity of port operations.
- Monitoring the replenishment of inventory to all stock holding DC’s & shipments to OWA markets distributors.
- The Role will also look into accuracy of information & documents.
- The Logistics Planner and Controller takes responsibility for daily stock receipts from supply sites onto the relevant GSK systems
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Develop strategic relationships with agents of GSK 3PL partnership/s. (Bollore,other Logistics bodies, shipping Lines, K&N-LCC)also include MDS, Imperial & WWCVL, Bollore.
- Close relationship with the GMS Logistics team.
- Facilitate a close working relationship between the Supply Chain team and internal customers (Supply Chain, Sales Operations, Key Accounts, Value Chain Analysts).
- Build a close working relationship (daily contact) with the Supply Planners and the sites Logistics & dispatch team
Conduct analysis to:
- Facilitate the primary inbound & outbound export logistics from the various GSK suppliers to ensure that there is suf
- Monitor replenishments into the GSK warehouses.
- Setup tracking reports for all primary inbound stock and intercompany stock by load, by SKU & dates
- Proactively monitor and report on out of / low stocks and order shortages to CS&L Management for KPI monitoring and Sales reporting
- Track delivery by clearing agents & daily monitoring of clearance activities from the port
- Validate and challenge safety-stock levels based on sales out of DC
- Build a Inventory Management dashboard providing visibility and status of all stock locations impacting GSK, by sku. Publish daily to the business.
- Be the one point of contact for all GSK related Inventory queries
Together with the LSP partner/s:
- Review the Distribution strategies by geography and make recommendations where applicable
- analyse vehicle utilisation, route frequency and volume trends to assist CS&L management in making proposals to Customers on Joint Value initiatives
- Identify trends that deviate from long term statistical trends and or inventory plans
Collaborate on joint initiatives such as:
- MOQ parameters
- GSK delivery optimisation
- Factory to customer delivery
- Optimzation of Site Warehuse storage
Provide a link between GSK’s Demand Planners Customers and LSP:
- Ensure compliance to requested Customer delivery requirements
- Collaborate to support Customer Supply Chain strategies (eg. Store vs DC drops)
Conduct logistics analysis to:
- Reconcile and balance the stock ledger and stock at the LSP to ensure that all information is accurate and relevant
- Ensure that the stock is in the right DC in time to successfully meet STT requirements
- Recommend inter-depot replenishment
- Compile and communicate S/L/OOS to the GSK internal Customers ensuring that all information is accurate and can be communicated by the Supply Chain to the external Customers
- Where required, monitor targets as per the SLA with LSP applicable to FG stock.
Conduct Cost-to-serve analysis and identify opportunities with targeted savings for recommendation to internal stakeholders in areas such as:
- Inbound Costs
- Storage Costs
- Joint venture project costs
- Pack customisation costs
SOPs and QMS:
- Ensure that GSK SOPs relating to the Logistics function is correct, up to date and in line with RTTCH’s SOPs and the relevant Contract between GSK and RTTCH
- Highlight any risks to the CS and L Manager for inclusion in the Company Risk Register
- Champion QMS within supply chin function
- Shipments from direct sites (GSK site / CMO ) to GSK WH
- Inbound Logistics, Warehousing, Domestic Distribution, Repacking
- Customer Service & Logistics Saving Projects
- University graduate (preferably in Supply Chain, Demand Plannig, Commerce, Engineering)
- Supply Chain Professional Qualification
- ERP experience (JDE or SAP) would be an advantage
- Very good knowledge of Logistics, Warehousing, QMS, Customer Service processes & procedures
- Customer focused and display a sense of urgency
- Drive for results and be proactive
- Have a high level of judgement operating independently within the scope of authority using established procedures (decision making)
- Strong interpersonal skills and resilience
- Project management skills and the ability to innovate and develop smarter processes and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of businesses
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to facilitate change
- Attention to detail
- Communication Skills
- Analytical skills
- Drive for results
- Problem solving and creative thinking
- Team work
How To Apply