Full-time Damco Nigeria: Team Lead – Warehousing Vacancy
DAMCO is one of the world’s leading providers of freight forwarding and supply chain management services. For more than 100 years, we have been providing our customers with transportation and logistics solutions that support the way they want to do business, wherever they are in the world.
The Job : Team Lead – Warehousing
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- As Team Leader for Warehousing, you will be able to bring your experience to the team and work in a pleasant work environment.
- Cost, Quality and Time
- You are to ensure cost, quality and timely operation of all warehousing activities.
- Containers must be offloaded on-time without demurrages.
- Lead in conducting fiscal year end stock inventories and ensure that effective stock inventory report is produced.
- Establish and implement a reliable stock distribution/evacuation plan to avoid expired items in the warehouses.
- Maintain records/authorizations for warehouse staff designated to receive and dispatch goods.
- Ensure environmental and safety quality of all Damco warehouses.
- Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented.
- To work closely with sales team in ensuring quotes are timely and accurate.
- You are to ensure that the right equipment is used for all warehouse and heavy lift operation.
Continuous Improvement and Process excellence:
- You are to ensure warehouse operation is complaint to health, quality and safety management. Complete ISO certification. Ensure operational report data analysis is completed within the first week of the subsequent month.
Project, Equipment and Heavy lift operations:
- You are to ensure all heavy lift operation are safely done without claims.
- You are to ensure no damages or claim issues on stock in the warehouse. Ensure monthly warehouse stock counting and report.
- Ensure that all relevant documents are retrieved after cargo delivery so as to fast track the invoicing process which in turn will impact working capital cycle.
- Weekly and monthly stock report.
- Build internal and external relationships to ensure smooth operational process.
- A good first degree from a reputable higher institution.
- Minimum of two years post qualification job experience in relevant field.
- Proactive and able to respond to issues in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of warehousing and HSE standards.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management System
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Analytical and strategic management skills.
- High levels of energy.
- Strong result orientation.
How To Apply