Full-time Debit Card Manager at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
The Job : Debit Card Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reference No: UBAGRP/DTAL_DRCARD
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Banking
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
- As a brand with Africa as the center of its business operations, UBA strongly believes in Africa and its people with emphasis on being global. We are driving the renaissance of the African economy through innovation in Banking, having successfully built a strong domestic and international brand with footprints in 20 African countries, London, Paris and New York.
- Our strong presence on the African continent is deliberate and it reflects our love for diversity and a multicultural system. We have about 15,000 multilingual, ethnically varying and highly diverse people who reflect the richness, multiplicity and uniqueness of the twenty (20) African countries we operate..
As the Debit Card Manager, you would be concerned with:
- Managing the business of debit card across the group in terms of product development, support business objectives and sales activities in order to meet budget.
- Managing and support all technical platforms such as FEP, CRM etc
- Having an oversight of card operations as it affects customer experience. E.g (Timely management of Chargeback disputes, Settlement/Reconciliation)
Main Outputs and Responsibilities
Product Development & Support:
- Provide strategy to grow debit & credit card businesses.
- Develop card products that will support the country businesses.
- Adapt Debit & credit card business strategy to meet country’s expectation.
Product Profitability, Acquisition and usage drive:
- Ensure debit & credit card products are profitable
- Minimize one time and recurring expenses of debit & credit cards.
- Optimize all supporting infrastructure for the best customer experience.
Market Intelligence and Project Execution:
- Continuously monitor UBA performance against other banks across the countries.
- Ensure UBA is number 1 or 2 in every country.
- Timely execution of all projects on products, from Audit, control and other governing departments.
- Continuous execution of innovative products and services.
Risk and Compliance:
- Identify possible and emerging risks in terms of debit & credit card and mitigate them.
- Ensure regulatory and card scheme compliance.
- Ensure compliance to group policies and guidelines in terms of new products approval.
- First degree from a relevant social sciences discipline.
- Masters’ Degree or a professional qualification will be an advantage
- Minimum requisite experience 5-7 years relevant work experience
- Good knowledge of Banking operations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment
- Good knowledge of financial analysis/integration.Key Skills:
- Business Development
- Negotiation skills
- Marketing and Selling
- Project management
- Relationship building
- Service level management
- Product Development
How To Apply