Full-time Defence Space Administration (DSA): Earth Observation Officer Vacancy
The Defence Space Administration (DSA) was established by the National Assembly of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to: Develop and operate military Space Technologies; Support Nigerian Military operations both within and outside the country as well as Security Agencies responsible for internal security, through the use of satellite; Provide resilient and affordable Space and Cyberspace capabilities for the Nigerian Military, other Security and Law Enforcement Agencies.
The Job : Earth Observation Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Data Collection, analysing data, Compiling Excel Spreadsheets, coding and re-coding data and using MATLAB.
- Imagery Change Detection, Feature Extraction, View Shed Analysis, Cost-Distance Analysis, Travel-time Analysis and advanced multi-criteria analyses using complex arrays of data inputs.
- Processing, editing and manipulation of Geospatial imagery and derived classification products.
- Must be proficient in GIS/ Remote Sensing Software such as;
- Erdas Imagine
- Remote View Pro. 4
- GD GIS/Remote Sensing
- MSc GIS/Remote Sensing is an added advantage
- B.Sc/HND in either Geography, Land Survey or other Environmental Science courses. BSc Physics, BSc Geology, BSc Geo-informatics, PGD GIS or Remote sensing.
- Only applicants with First Class and Second Class Upper Division first degrees and those with HND Distinctions and HND Upper Credit polytechnic certificates may apply. Cognate experience in the subject discipline will be an added advantage.
- Data management certificate.
- Imagery analysis and interpretation certificate.
- ESRI, USGIF Certification and other related certificates.
How To Apply