Full-time Deloitte Nigeria: Finance and Administration Manager Recruitment
Deloitte Nigeria – As part of the mandate received from The Global Fund (TGF) – a partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics, The National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) seeks to recruit suitable, qualified and experienced public health professionals for The National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) which was established by the Government of Nigeria to coordinate tuberculosis and leprosy control efforts in Nigeria.
The Job : Finance and Administration Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reference Number: GFA003
- To handle all financial management in line with approved procedures and ensure prompt reporting within given deadlines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serves as a key member of the senior management team providing strategic financial advice and support to ensure the effective management of the TB programmes in line with donor requirements and grant agreements.
- Ensures that NTBLCP has adequate financial policies and procedures reflecting appropriate risk mitigation and all applicable statutory and donor regulations/ requirements.
- Provides financial oversight over State Offices/ Sub-Recipients to ensure compliance with the approved NTBLCP and GF policies and procedures including providing capacity building support, where required.
- Reviews and authorises all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations (including cash/ bank and advances) and overhead cost allocation, where applicable.
Financial planning, Reporting and Analysis:
- Ensures the timely preparation of comprehensive and accurate financial management reports in line with both internal and Global Fund guidelines and formats. This will include incorporating relevant input from the different functions (program management, PSM, M&E and other functional units) to ensure a consistent and faithful representation of the grant performance.
- Supports management in formulating the work plan and budget and, on an ongoing basis, monitor organisational finance performance against the approved work plan and budget.
Assets and Inventory Management:
- Ensures that policies are adequate to safeguard the NTBLCP/GF assets and ensure optimal utilisation. This will include ensuring that all assets (including inventory) are appropriately insured and accounted for.
- Effectively manages the treasury function with recourse to NTBLCP policies and procedures and best practice, ensuring the availability of adequate funds for continued operations.
Accounting systems and Financial Records:
- Ensures that the accounting software and related IT systems are up-to-date, and that adequate processing and reporting capacity and capability is in place at all times.
- Ensures that an effective records management system is in place ensuring safety of records and allowing easy retrieval of documents when required, and that essential financial data is backed up regularly (on-site and off-site) in line with NTBLCP’s policy and procedures.
Audit and Assurance:
- Manages the relationship with internal auditors, external auditors and other reviewers ensuring they get the necessary support and cooperation to perform their duties.
- Ensures preparation of financial statements for the external auditors to a final, audit-ready stage with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Ensures timely implementation of audit recommendations in collaboration with relevant staff and provide regular progress updates to the PMU Team Leader, National Coordinator and Audit Committee.
- Ensures that all monthly statutory deductions (PAYE, withholding tax and Pension) are made and returns submitted on time.
- Ensures the establishment of an effective and efficient system to track taxes incurred on payments made using the Global Fund grant funds (other than PAYE and WHT) and liaise with the relevant tax authorities to seek a refund of any taxes incurred in accordance with the grant agreement.
Human Resources Management:
- Oversees the timely preparation of the payroll on a monthly basis ensuring that all the required deductions are made.
- Supervises and manages all finance and admin staff to ensure the efficient and effective completion of finance and admin related tasks and functions.
- Provides mentoring to direct reports (Senior Finance Officers and HR and Admin Manager).
Stakeholder management and Capability Development:
- Maintains key stakeholder relationships including with suppliers and banks.
- Provides grant compliance training and support to the PMU staff, where required, to ensure compliance with NTBLCP and GF requirements.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the PMU Team Leader that can reasonably be expected of a Finance and Admin Manager, but not necessarily specified above.
Experience and Qualifications
- HND / BSc in Accountancy / Finance or related discipline
- Professional qualification (ACA, CA, CPA / ACCA) is mandatory
- Minimum of 7 years’ financial / grants management experience, with at least 5 years in a management role
- Demonstrated experience with donor funded grants. Specific experience in the Health sector and with Global Fund grants is an added advantage.
- Experience and knowledge of MOH financial and accounting procedures
- Knowledge in Finance and Accounts Management
- Excellent understanding of financial systems, procedures and relevant financial software applications
- Knowledge of the financial management requirements and policies of the Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria
- Knowledge of IFR Standards
- Financial Management, Regulatory Framework, Financial modelling
- Stakeholder Engagement and Management
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, i.e. MS Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Navision) is an asset.
How To Apply