Contract Deloitte Nigeria: Laboratory Manager Recruitment
Deloitte Nigeria – As part of the mandate received from The Global Fund (TGF) – a partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics, The National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) seeks to recruit suitable, qualified and experienced public health professionals for The National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) which was established by the Government of Nigeria to coordinate tuberculosis and leprosy control efforts in Nigeria.
The Job : Laboratory Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reference Number: GFA007
- To manage all the technical aspects of the implementation of the public sector TB grant.
Roles and Responsibilities
Policies and Procedures:
- Ensures grant objectives and targets are achieved, and that the Global Fund policies and procedures are followed
- Conducts site visit assessments to GF and other implementing partners supported programs to ensure programs are carried out in compliance with national and programmatic guidelines regarding implementation of quality TB diagnostics and monitoring
- Ensures project activity proposals and reviews of budget for funding awards are reported as at when due
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Coordinates preparation and submission of progress updates to PMU team leader
- Monitors the performances of key laboratory indicators through technical reviews and identifies potential issues, informs PMU team leader and makes recommendations for amelioration and resolution of challenges
- Prepares, collaborates, and presents technical reports on the results of laboratory investigations and studies, as well as progress made by GF and other implementing partners towards achieving full coverage of TB diagnostic testing needs.
- Creates and maintains a data base of information on TB diagnostics to guide decision making on prevention and treatment interventions and provide regular quarterly TB updates to PMU team leader and National Coordinator.
Laboratory Administration and Management:
- In collaboration with the PSM Manager monitor procurement and supply for laboratory equipment and commodities to ensure arrangements are efficient, cost-effective and in compliance with the laws and policies in coordination with the PMU
- Ensures quarterly review of functional diagnostic sites and analyze results to assess progress towards targets of full coverage of expert MTB/RIF, TB microscopy, culture, line probe assays (LPA) and phenotypic drug susceptibility testing in the country, recommends solutions and communicates red-flags to the PMU and TWG as necessary
- Liaises through the PMU with the NTBLCP to evaluate new testing and monitoring technologies in the areas of TB and evaluate possible alternative approaches to standard laboratory procedures.
- Conducts laboratory systems assessment reviews and evaluates technical staff performance on a regular basis.
- Evaluates, guides and implements possible alternative approaches to standard laboratory methods, recognizing and defining problems in TB/HIV techniques and procedures; evaluate methods for solutions and recommend way forward
- Supports the coordination and leveraging of resources with other stakeholders to implement planned laboratory programme activities
- Liaises with technical specialists at post and with other partners on technical reviews and program management.
Training and Capacity Building:
- Conducts on the job training of laboratory personnel involved in TB and DR TB testing with focus on quality management, sustainability and accurate testing and monitoring methods.
Experience and Qualifications
- A Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Master’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences (preferable)
- Minimum of 7 years’ work experience in public health programs out of which at least 5 years’ should be experience working with donor funded projects and managing a team of professionals
- Sound knowledge of the Nigerian government’s structures and policies relevant to the management and oversight of Global Fund programs and other US government related programs.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office, database programs and statistical software
- Problem solving, Negotiating, Interpersonal skills
- Internal and External Quality Assurance Systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional level English language skills.
- Inter-personal and negotiation skills.
How To Apply