Full-time Deloitte Nigeria: Senior Finance Officer (Northern Region) Recruitment
Deloitte Nigeria – As part of the mandate received from The Global Fund (TGF) – a partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics, The National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) seeks to recruit suitable, qualified and experienced public health professionals for The National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) which was established by the Government of Nigeria to coordinate tuberculosis and leprosy control efforts in Nigeria.
The Job : Senior Finance Officer (Northern Region)
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reference Number: GFA011
- To handle all financial management in line with approved procedures and ensure prompt reporting within the given deadline. To assume responsibility for the financial transactions of zonal offices and states under the region, the financial transactions of PR – Procurement (including contracts) and Laboratory Units.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensures that specific programmes and projects are managed in a financially responsible manner and that significant discrepancies are promptly reported to the Finance and Admin manager for resolution.
- Undertakes occasional financial verification visits to the zones and states to confirm the adequacy of supporting documentation, accuracy of reporting and adherence to NTBLCP policies and Global Fund guidelines.
Policies and procedures/ Compliance:
- Reviews the concept notes/ proposals provided with payment/ advance requests to ensure they are in line with the approved work-plan and budget, and that previous advances have been liquidated, prior to approval of subsequent disbursements.
- For all head office procurement and other activities, ensures compliance with the applicable procedures and that all supporting documentation is in place and checked prior to processing payment.
- Conducts month-end closing activities including reviewing the accuracy and classification of general ledger entries, completing balance sheet reconciliations (including cash/ bank and advances) and calculating the expenditure allocations to programmes and donors, where applicable.
Financial Planning, Reporting and Analysis:
- Provides assistance in the preparation of periodic financial reports, including annual financial statements, in line with NTBLCP and donor guidelines and formats.
- Provides support in work-plan and budget formulation process by providing cost input and other pertinent data including any commitments and, on a day-to-day basis
- Provides advice to budget holders and other staff on relevant budgetary issues.
Bank and Cash Management:
- Provides assistance to the Finance and Admin Manager on an ongoing basis to update and refine the organizational cash-flow forecast based on absorption and any identified reprogramming needs.
- Generates monthly budget variance reports for management including comments to justify any significant variances between budgeted and actual expenditure.
Accounting systems and Financial Records:
- Prepares the bank reconciliation on a monthly basis and submit reconciliations for final review and approval by the Finance and Admin Manager.
- Maintains the fixed asset register and inventory records in line with related policies and procedures.
Audit and Assurance:
- Provides auditors and other reviewers with relevant input/ information and any other required assistance to ensure that the reviews run smoothly
- Implements audit recommendations and provide regular progress updates to the Finance and Admin Manager.
- Reviews monthly statutory deduction schedule (PAYE, withholding tax and Pension deductions) to ensure accuracy and timely remittances to the relevant authority.
- Reviews and collates the taxes incurred on the Global Fund grants for periodic reporting to the donor.
Human Resources Management:
- Reviews the PMU payroll on a monthly basis according to the payroll schedule ensuring that all the required deductions are made.
- Supervises and provides mentoring to direct reports (Finance Officers).
- Provides grant compliance training and support to the PMU staff, where required, to ensure compliance with NTBLCP and GF requirements.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the Finance and Admin Manager that can reasonably be expected of a senior finance officer, but not necessarily specified above.
Experience and Qualifications
- HND / BSc in Accountancy / Finance or related discipline
- Professional qualification (ACA, CA, CPA / ACCA) is mandatory
- Minimum of 5 years’ financial / grants management experience, with at least 2 years in a supervisory role
- Demonstrated experience with donor funded grants. Specific experience in the Health sector and with Global Fund grants is an added advantage
- Experience and knowledge of MOH financial and accounting procedures
- Knowledge in Finance and Accounts Management
- Excellent understanding of financial systems, procedures and relevant financial software applications
- Knowledge of the financial management requirements and policies of the Global Fund to Fight HIV, TB and Malaria
- Knowledge of IFR Standards
- Financial Management, Regulatory Framework, Financial modelling
- Business Acumen
- Inter-personal and Negotiation skills
- Stakeholder Engagement and Management
- Demonstrates expertise in Financial Information Data Analytics
- Research and investigative ability
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, i.e. MS Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Navision) is an asset
How To Apply