Internship eHealth Africa (eHA): Intern, GIS Development Recruitment
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Intern, GIS Development
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Kano, Nigeria
- The GIS Development Intern will be part of a growing team of Software Development professionals with a project-oriented focus towards health project through a wide variety of spatial and non-spatial datasets.
- S/he will Interact with and provide support to the Development Team in the department to achieve department objectives.
- S/he will also support and contribute to the software development operations process within the GIS department in supporting health projects.
What you’ll do
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with the analysis, design, development, testing, and documentation of new software
- Utilise the department development infrastructure, software processes, and software programming techniques and provide feedback as appropriate
- Contribute to building a productive and pleasant working environment using senior team members as role models
- Assist in the development and configuration of software needed to improve on existing solutions in the GIS department.
- Communicate findings and facilitates knowledge dissemination and exchange among various interested parties.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the head of department or line manager.
Who You Are
- Minimum of BSc in Computer Science, Geography or a related discipline.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including a proven ability to maintain constructive relationships with colleagues and partners, both in-person and virtually.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to use Github for version control.
- Ability to use Google suite apps (Gmail, Docs, Google Sheet, Hangouts)
- Effectively presents data and information in a way amenable to sharing with colleagues
- Listens well to instructions and feedback
- Teamwork oriented with sound communication skills
- Punctual, reliable with organisational and time management skills
- High level of creativity and strong apt for learning new skills
- Ability to show initiative.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply